SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a 2013+ Durango with the HEMI?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a 2013+ Durango with the HEMI? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
How do you like it??

Could you do me a favor? Measure the width of the 2nd row bench and the interior width between the armrests on each door?

Thanks

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Not a Durango, but I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L HEMI and love it Smile

The gas mileage, though... that's kinda rough. With it being so cold and snowy, lately, I've been doing more remote starts and warm-ups. Plus less positive traction and more stop-and-go. It was down to 13.8 MPG before the last fill-up Frown

Sorry, that's all I got.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebo
posted Hide Post
Just got one. Enjoying it so far!
56" between the arm rests at narrowest
53" across the seats at widest (2nd row buckets)

Posts: 51 | Location: Lake Havasu, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hemi...hehe. He said he has a hemi. Isn't that cute.

Razz

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
We bought our 2013 RT new. It's been great and has a surprising amount of power. My advice is to always use the cruise control. Wink

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rebo:

Thanks.
I am trying to determine the widest (2nd row) midsize SUV with 3rd row seating.
My research on Edmunds is showing the Durango and Traverse are the widest exterior dimension but that does not equate to interior width based upon door panel/armrest contours.

Not sure I could get the Durango without a V8 but it adds about 3k even in the used world.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Thanks.
My research on Edmunds is showing the Durango and Traverse are the widest exterior dimension but that does not equate to interior width based upon door panel/armrest contours.

Not sure I could get the Durango without a V8 but it adds about 3k even in the used world.

I would think the explorer would be the widest. The exterior sure is.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Just traded a 13 Durango for a 15 Explorer and the Explorer is 3" wider (same body style as 13 Explorer) per the specs I got off Edmunds. You can tell the difference inside too.

On a side note, the Explorer rides and handles 100 times better than the Durango.....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebo
posted Hide Post
LOL we just put 5,300 miles in <3 weeks on a rental Ford Explorer. It's wider than the Durango is but I'm really glad I didn't buy one.

There's no flat storage for phones and etc in the forward part of the console, there's just a large cubby hole. The AWD system, is very noticeably biased to front drive. Our rental had quite a few rattles and electronic quirks like the rear hatch opening after we got into it.

We looked at the Explorer Sport and the Durango RT, test drove them back to back and chose Durango. Our needs are probably different than yours though.

Posts: 51 | Location: Lake Havasu, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Thanks.

I would think the explorer would be the widest. The exterior sure is.

Also check out the Flex, if you are ok with the super boxy look.
Ours has been great for the 2 years we've had it. Great with 2 Recaro car seats, just barely enough room between them for my 14yr old sister.
Good 3rd row that's big enough for an adult.
Add the 3.5EcoBoost & you get the power & AWD.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for interior width, check out the new VW Atlas. We test drove one on my wife's latest car buying safari, I was amazed at the amount of space on the inside.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
If you're looking for interior width, check out the new VW Atlas. We test drove one on my wife's latest car buying safari, I was amazed at the amount of space on the inside.

Saw one the other day and liked the looks but don’t have the cash to buy new.

————————————————

Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir, have a 2014 2wd Durango Hemi and are very happy with it. Perfect for FL. Third row seating when family visits and power to tow my boat or jet skis. Mileage is also good for a V8 heavy metal ride at 17 mpg around town and 22 on the highway.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Just traded a 13 Durango for a 15 Explorer and the Explorer is 3" wider (same body style as 13 Explorer) per the specs I got off Edmunds. You can tell the difference inside too.

On a side note, the Explorer rides and handles 100 times better than the Durango.....

Would you be able to measure the distance between the armrests in the 2nd row?

————————————————