SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How's your weather?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How's your weather? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
chilly, windier than a sewing circle and an inch of rain yesterday ,
chilly and very light snow since 6 a.m. ,today

nothing to shovel ( thank god)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
18" of wet heavy snow. Had to shovel from my house to my garage through kee deep snow to fire up my snow blower,so I can take my pickup to the store.

The snow plow left a 3 foot wind row of snow at the end of my driveway.

And this is spring. Roll Eyes

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Watched the Baltimore vs Boston baseball game at Fenway Park.

34°

Some cold fans & players.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I live NW of the cities - didn't get as much as you, but it was wet and heavy. I blew out 4 driveways this morning (after I put the chains back on the tractor - I thought we were done with this stuff). It's still snowing and I'll bet we have another 3" back on the ground since I was out there this morning.

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
The weather in NH sucks! I had a thick coating of ice on my car this morning. Some slick spots on the road as well. Summer should start in August sometime!!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Anything that's not nailed down is in the next county.

Posts: 7520 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Anything that's not nailed down is in the next county.
Today, about 3 pm, 70 degrees, a bad storm with 70 mph winds, tornado warnings, and 1" hail.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Posted earlier but an update.

Tornadoes damaged areas in Lynchburg,Va this evening, widespread wind damage in south central Va, still ongoing extreme storms.

My place escaped any damage.

Thousands are without power in this region.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/n...ville-479821703.html

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I miss winter and snow. I will happily trade warmish with tornados and winds for snow and cold.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The weather around here is getting straight up schizophrenic Frown

Saturday, it was sunny and 85 and I had the AC on in the house all day.

Sunday it’s around 40, wet raw and windy, heat is back on.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The weather around here is getting straight up schizophrenic Frown

Saturday, it was sunny and 85 and I had the AC on in the house all day.

Sunday it’s around 40, wet raw and windy, heat is back on.

Sounds like the last few days here...

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My boat is still in the shrink wrap. Not happy about this. I have work to do on it.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Looks like another foot coming Wednesday. Good lord. I should be raking, seeding, and fertilizing right about now. I complain about people that complain about MN weather, but even I am waving the white flag. It's going to be AC time before we know it. We haven't had the windows open over night since Late October.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Woke up this morning in Middle Tennessee to snow on my car windshield. We had no accumulation on the ground, but it was cold enough to stick to the vehicles.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
Winter just won't let go. Here in the land of cornfields and cows, we are 20 degrees below average. It should be in the 60's now.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

https://nypost.com/2018/04/13/...tm_medium=SocialFlow

It’s been a long winter. And Garry Frank doesn’t know what you want him to do about it.

The Fox 17 weather reporter for West Michigan had a mini-meltdown while giving the weather update on April 10.

“You guys are dragging me down. Every time I get done with the seven-day (forecast), you guys are like, ‘Ughhh, goshh, ahhh,’” Frank said to his co-workers after they seemingly acted frustrated over the news of more cold weather. “What do you want me to do, lie to you? I’ll put 70 every day next time.”

One of his co-workers is then heard saying, “Well what are we supposed to do?” off camera.

“I want you guys to say ‘Wow! That’s great news it’s going to be 60 on Friday,’” Frank said.

The meteorologist eventually got through his three-day forecast, which included rain, thunderstorms and two days above 60 degrees.

“Here’s a 60, not sure if that’s good enough for you guys,” he said, sarcastically. “Maybe I’ll disappoint you with the seven-day here in a few minutes.”

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The warmest day of the year her in the seacoast area of NH was back in February.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
43 and rainy at the moment with freeze warnings overnight in the eastern panhandle of WV. Starting up the wood stove when I get home after work...after a mere 3 day hiatus out of 5 straight months of burning since November. The only 3 days it was out.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I slept with the windows open back in the last week of February, lows were in the 50's. Tonight, midway through April, they're calling for 32 here. And it's been like that again for weeks. We go a few days with decent temps and then it crashes.
I think Mother Nature is bipolar.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya'll go ahead grip about all the moisture. In the past 130+ days we have had 3/4" of rain period. I hate the cold and snow but right now I'd take whatever would come.

Within a 100 mile radius of us there have been numerous grass fires covering 30 sq. miles or more. Last week there one that started in New Mexico and burned into Texas that covered 68,000+ acres (that's over 106 sq. miles). The temperature has been in 80's and 90's several days and winds the past couple of weeks have blowing almost day averaging 30+MPH with gusts over 50 MPH very common. With winds like that a fire will spread almost two football fields A MINUTE. In the Panhandle they have had so many I've lost count. Every day there are one or two somewhere that covers 30-60 acres. Except for the 3-4 large towns on South Plains all of the departments are all volunteer. The guys will fight fires for hours go home clean up and go to their jobs and work all day with little or no sleep.

We pray for rain every day....It will come someday.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post