SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How's your weather?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How's your weather? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have usually mowed the lawn twice by mid April. I haven't mowed it yet this year and it will go a few more days before it needs it. Everything seems late this Spring. 43 today and 28 tonight,

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
LOL! You guys with the hot weather really enjoy rubbing it in to those of us who get a full four seasons. Smile

Honestly, as i get older I don't much like the severe cold but still it beats energy sapping extreme heat and humidity. Big Grin

That is why they make AC!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Sunday morning, cloudy 65°.

Weather forecast is a cold frontpassing through tonight, unleashing storms, possible tornadoes for my region.

Yesterday, very windy. I have grown to hate the wind this spring

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Wife was telling me a while ago about projected 50mph winds here today, with heavy rains at some point.

Wonderful, and my son in law and I were planning on going fishing.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Five inches of snow today and a high of 31 degrees

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
How's your weather?

Awful, it's going to be May before we hit 50 consistently.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
How's your weather?

Just plain crappy ol' ice storm.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Ice here today. It was 75 on Thursday and everything is covered in ice this morning. It's been a LONG winter here in SE MI. Ready for some warm weather.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, right now it's 60°, falling by the hour until it's 31° by Monday morning. Friday was 84° and sunny, yesterday (Saturday) started off at 74° and ended at 60°, and today is overcast and raining, turning into snow tonight and tomorrow.

I don't think winter is ever going to end! It's got me into a funk....oh well, soon enough it will be the temperature of the sun, with no a drop to be seen.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
When I woke up Saturday morning I found every window on the house was covered with snow and I couldn't tell what the weather was like outside. Smile Then I discovered that I had small drifts up against my front and back door and with some effort I was able get the front door open enough to squeeze out and brush the snow off most of the winders so I could look outside to zero visibility for most of the day. Smile

Today is the first opportunity I've had to get a clear look at everything and it is not encouraging. On average, it looks like we've got about 12" of snow with some higher drifts which are, of course, down the length of my driveway. Mixed in with that are various sizes of tree branches which broke off in the 40-50 mph winds and ice, so using the snow blower will be interesting.

Oh, and more snow is predicted for later in the week!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is the same as you have, only a day later... It sucks being it is April, but doesn't it happen every year? I love it anyways, wouldn't want to live anywhere else...Been where it is warm, been where it is populated, been to foreign countries... Just wish our summers were a little longer...Semper-Fi !!

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Snow, ice pellets, cold, and rain at times here.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Fucking cold.

And windy.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Cold and drizzle here, can't do a thing with my hair!

At least you got hair!!! Big Grin

I have lots of hair, just wish some of it would grow on top of my head!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently:
25 degrees. 35 MPH winds and heavy snow. As much as 18 inches predicted in some areas of the Yoop.
Just another Spring day!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Crazy.
Yesterday the high temp was 85.
Today, 42.

I had gone to bed with AC on.
This morning I got up, turned off the AC and turned on the heat.

Eek

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back in from outside, cleared the snow and started the old Jeep XJ so the son could make it into work, someone called in "sick"...lol. At the very, very least I will say more than a foot of fresh snow. Son called and said four cars stuck in the middle of the road on his way in... drove about four miles... Told the wife to get ready, going for a ride to the store...This is why I live where I do...lol... It's awesome !!!

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Tornado warning here right now. Pretty bad outside. Listening to the radio and other and west/north are getting pummeled...it's headed our way.

If we have a direct hit of a tornado I'm dead. Slab built, no interior rooms.

So there's that...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
79F with clear blue sky today. Tororrow is supposed to be 82F and sunshine.......kind of boring!!! BUT soon the 100s will come and stay for months, so we have to enjoy the nice days.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post