SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How's your weather?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How's your weather? Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
LOL! You guys with the hot weather really enjoy rubbing it in to those of us who get a full four seasons. Smile

Honestly, as i get older I don't much like the severe cold but still it beats energy sapping extreme heat and humidity. Big Grin

Even San Diegans have 4 seasons.

Theirs are fire, flood, drought and earthquake, but count ‘em!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Jim, that's downright funny, I don't care what they say. Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Last couple days were a little over 80 and we had a front come in last night. This morning was around 50 and the high today was 70.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Jim, that's downright funny, I don't care what they say. Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks. The weather is terrific. It’s the seasons that you have to worry about.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
About 90 here today. I mowed the lawn. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whiteout blizzard with 60mph winds dumped 10" here Thursday-Friday. Suns out today with temps hovering just above freezing so the stuff is thankfully melting away.

The major part of the storm passed us in the southern hills. We got about 4" of heavy wet stuff, and almost no wind. Not that I am complaining.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
quote:
Whiteout blizzard with 60mph winds dumped 10" here Thursday-Friday. Suns out today with temps hovering just above freezing so the stuff is thankfully melting away.

The major part of the storm passed us in the southern hills. We got about 4" of heavy wet stuff, and almost no wind. Not that I am complaining.

Yeah the snow was very heavy with tree branches bowed to the ground. I'm sure you saw where I-90 was closed from Rapid east across the state to Sioux Falls. Visibility was zip. We passed it off to Ronin1069 and others in MN and points further east! Big Grin At least it was nothing like Winter Storm Atlas of 2013. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
LOL! You guys with the hot weather really enjoy rubbing it in to those of us who get a full four seasons. Smile

Honestly, as i get older I don't much like the severe cold but still it beats energy sapping extreme heat and humidity. Big Grin

Actually we have the rainy season (28 January to 14 February - give or take), the green season, the brown season, and the fire season.

Oh and it was about 81 degrees today. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Rain. Rain and more rain. Low 30's. Blowing like snot. In short: The weather sucks. Could be worse, though. They're getting freezing rain, sleet and stuff farther north.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
From October to May:

Rain, Rinse, Repeat.

Yup. And boy was it dumping today Eek. Absolute downpour for hours and hours and hours.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Schizophrenic and bipolar.

Friday it was only partly cloudy and touched 60°. Yesterday and today, overcast and struggling to get out of the 30's. Ice pellets tomorrow.

I freakin' HATE April...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
60 and raining

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is more in Los Angeles, further north, but there is a fifth season: Santa Ana wind. It kind of overlaps with fire.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Wasn't much fun in the Baton Rouge area yesterday morning.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
It’s was a little too hot yesterday like 83 and breezy Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
We're under about 1/4" of ice here. The weather sucks here.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As of about 2:45pm Saturday we have 3.68 inches of rain in the bucket at SeaTac so far this month! That number is well above what we normally see for the entire month and it's only April 14th. The average amount of rain for this month is 2.71 inches.

It's been a Gullywhumper for sure.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Sucks! Nothing but freezing rain till 3:00 AM Monday morning.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Cold and drizzle here, can't do a thing with my hair!

At least you got hair!!! Big Grin

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post