SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where do you get your special cheese?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do you get your special cheese? Login/Join 
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

Keep them coming!

As for the local choices, I’ve been to grandpas barn a few times, not super impressed.

I’d check out the port Clinton stop but fishing season is over for me, and it’s a 2 hour ride.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Kroger in the high end part of the county has a fantastic selection of cheese.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
The Kroger in the high end part of the county has a fantastic selection of cheese.

I'm not in the high end part of my county, but ARman is right: the local Kroger has a Murray's cheese shop, and the variety is incredible.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The big eye Swiss in Amish country therein Ohio is my favorite. I forget the token. Might be Walnut Creek.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
... and nobody's going to say their bellybutton?

Our local grocer carries some good Parmigiano Reggiano. I'm not sure of the brand but fresh grated sure beats even the fancy pre-grated stuff hands down.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Chris42's email responses to my queries, I've popped for some WSU Cougar Gold. I recalled seeing forum recommendations for it before but never acted. Looking forward to enjoying it. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I am jumping in on this as well, thanks for all the suggestions. Question, what about Raw cheese vs pasteurized, is Raw more flavorful?

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trader Joes is where I go for a good selection and reasonable prices. Try the English Coastal Cheddar and the 1,000 day aged Gouda, which are two of my favorites.

Posts: 2374 | Location: TN | Registered: October 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I always get my cheese from Decatur Dairy in Brodhead, Wisconsin. Of course, it's only a 30 minute drive for me, but they do ship to lower 48.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
A few Amish cheese factories in Middlefield. Geauga County, Ohio

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Link to original video

Then there are the modern experts:

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Wegmans by me has a pretty good cheese shop inside, that's where I get most of them and Aldi also has some good ones every so often.

I love Saint-André triple-creme Brie, Manchego, Maytag Blue, Kerrygold Irish Cheddar

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My local King Soopers has a huge section of specialty cheeses.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Aldi often has various high quality cheeses, although the selection is constantly changing.

Other than that, Trader Joes or Whole Foods are both good options.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
From the gubberment.

It's VERY special.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Damn I'm a little late to the party, but as mentioned before

https://creamery.wsu.edu/cougar-cheese/

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If it were my sister, no matter what wonderful cheese(s) I chose, I would hide them and set this out first.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Not a cheese aficionado by any stretch, but I am a huge fan of a smoked Smoked Gruyère cheese. Good stuff.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I just bought some cheese off Amazon of all places. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised they have cheese.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post