SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Surf and Turf Again Last Night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surf and Turf Again Last Night Login/Join 
posted
Propane tanks are full, so here we go again!

Nice thick filet, and 6 fresh U-10 scallops:

Vegetable Kebabs Marinating:

Served with steamed rice, lemon wedge, tartar sauce, and an ice cold vodka martini:

Thermapen says medium-rare:

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks excellent. Very nice marbeling in the filet mignon.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Winning!!!!!!!!

I hope it tasted as good as it looks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Winning!!!!!!!!

I hope it tasted as good as it looks.

Yes, it was very, very good.

I grilled a New York and another filet to share with my 8 year old son this weekend and he said "Daddy's Steak House is the best!"

Pretty cute.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Looks amazing. I love a good steak but nothing beats well prepared fresh scallops.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Surf and turf is on my list to do soon. Yours looks fantastic. I have a 22 ounce black grade cap of rib eye for the beef. I'm debating between shrimp and scallops for the surf part.
Right now I'm leaning towards shrimp on a bed of roasted parmesan onions.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Dammit man..I am trying to stay on my diet and then you post pictures Mad

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
That looks really really good!!!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I don't like surf or turf but that looks amazing! Nice job!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
Dammit man..I am trying to stay on my diet and then you post pictures Mad

Well, filet mignon is the leanest steak......and well scallops are low in fat and calories (high in cholesterol).....so it's not all bad Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
As usual, excellent ingredients, excellent preparation, and excellent presentation.

Is the tartar sauce homemade? If so, can you share the recipe?
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Surf and turf is on my list to do soon. Yours looks fantastic. I have a 22 ounce black grade cap of rib eye for the beef. I'm debating between shrimp and scallops for the surf part.
Option #3 - don't choose, have both

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
As usual, excellent ingredients, excellent preparation, and excellent presentation.

Is the tartar sauce homemade? If so, can you share the recipe?
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Option #3 - don't choose, have both

Thanks!

I'm too lazy to make tartar sauce.

My local butcher has a nicely curated selection of condiments, so I'm working my way through his tartar sauce selection.

This latest one is my favorite so far.

Paladini made with capers and dill. Very tasty stuff.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Nicely done!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post