SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Show Us Your Flags!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show Us Your Flags! Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Let's see your flags and any other Independence Day-themed stuff you have up!

Ours:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Nothing special for the fourth, she's always flying.

Almost had a tragedy two weeks ago in the storms. I got soaked head to to toe, but she never touched the ground. Replaced the hardware and got her back up a day or two later.

One more pic because I love the picture.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Jesse -- do you fly the Betsy Ross flag every day?

Asking because I'm in the decision making mode. As part of our new landscaping, our handyman will be implanting a flag pole in concrete in our front yard. I was thinking of flying the current "standard" flag on a daily basis, and Betsy Ross on significant holidays like Memorial Day, Flag Day, July 4th, Veterans' Day, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Jesse -- do you fly the Betsy Ross flag every day?

Asking because I'm in the decision making mode. As part of our new landscaping, our handyman will be implanting a flag pole in concrete in our front yard. I was thinking of flying the current "standard" flag on a daily basis, and Betsy Ross on significant holidays like Memorial Day, Flag Day, July 4th, Veterans' Day, etc.

I fly it every day. Next in line is 50 star, probably going to buy a Betsy with the 76 in the middle after the 50 star is faded, or maybe buy and use before the 50 star. I want a thin blue line one, but there's a good chance it will get stolen or spray painted where I live.

I change them out every 8 months or so, can't stand to see a faded flag. Even bought a new one for the kids of my neighbor that's father served and would have been ashamed to look down and see a faded flag in front of his house.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My dad's on the right in the foreground and mine on the left down the beach:

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I was thinking of flying the current "standard" flag on a daily basis, and Betsy Ross on significant holidays like Memorial Day, Flag Day, July 4th, Veterans' Day, etc.

I fly our Betsy Ross flag only on Independence Day, the current flag on all others. This is also the only day I fly the Gadsden flag underneath.

On Memorial Day, Veterans Day and U.S. Armed Forces Day I substitute a U.S. Army flag for the State of Michigan flag underneath.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Since I'm not home this July 4th.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
This is one we fly on special days like this.

This is a banner from 1946 my wife uses in her US History classes.
*The phrase "under God" was incorporated into the Pledge of Allegiance on June 14, 1954, by a Joint Resolution of Congress amending § 4 of the Flag Code enacted in 1942.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
24/7/365.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a photo, but I can promise you that SHE is flying in the breeze!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Mine just arrived a few days ago and I haven't had time to hang it yet.
My flag (from Burdick Flags)

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Not much wind at the RV park on the river today. Happy 4th everybody from the Colorado Landing RV Park in beautiful La Grange, TX!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post

DSC_4906
by David Casteel, on Flickr

Sorry, I don't have one more recent, but I do have a brand new Flag up and it's a beauty.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post