SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughters boyfriend leaves for boot camp monday.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughters boyfriend leaves for boot camp monday. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
They make a handsome couple.
^

^^^^^^^^
My thoughts exactly.

Posts: 12460 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
will update later but he made it thru the first part and is now a marine, ten day break and off to combat training. coolest thing I have ever witnessed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Very nice, thanks for the update.

I went to a basic training graduation at Ft Leonard Wood, MO a few years ago. A nephew graduated, enjoyed it very much.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi to the newly minted Marine!

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the new Marine! They do make a handsome couple. She looks very happy to have him back. Smile

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
A. He's not married to your daughters and,
B. How many daughters (Wink) know this guy? Big Grin
I see what you did there. Apostrophes are sooo important.

Congratulations on the new Marine! Can a USAF retiree give him a "Semper Fi!"?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great news !

something to be proud of definitely --

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Probably one of the coolest things I have witnessed in a long time. Entering into MCRD at day break getting past the security check out which was super cool with the dogs, m/4, and Benelli shotguns really made my day.

Pulling into the parking lot much to my surprise was 357 marines marching, listening to the drill instructors with there deep loud voices just made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, truly something I will never forget. first thing I noticed is how perfect the whole platoon looked. the drill instructors marching leaning way back over their feet was so dam cool. The triangle body shapes were like nothing I expected, not body builder types but very skinny waist lines with a broad upper shoulders. also very surprised at how short some were. we watched them march around , standing at attention for easy 20 to 30 minutes not moving a muscle.

I expected some upgrades but the transformation to all of the recruits was unreal. after his release we were waiting in the parking lot for him to get his gear so we could head off on a little vacation, I said to my wife I haven't seen any of the recruits salute a higher ranking officer and I really don't know how that system works but my wish came true.

Walking in front of us was a officer who was wearing a different cap then the drill instructor's Smokey the bear type, a few steps behind him was a drill instructor who looked just like major payne. Coming from another direction was a new graduate, I said to the wife lets see if he salutes, this is when it gets good lol, The officer makes three fast hand gestures pointing at his cap the new recruit keeps walking and does a salute, just about then the officer stops in his tracks along with the DI, the Di then yells something out to the recruit he stops in his tracks comes to a full attention facing the officer and does one of the slowest perfect salutes I have ever seen it was impressive. He holds it there until the officer salutes back and releases him. the recruit stays saluting him for a few seconds longer as the officer leaves then carries on. the wife and I looked and it other said that was cool.

When I get more time I will post more details.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi to your young Devil Dog

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post