SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughters boyfriend leaves for boot camp monday.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughters boyfriend leaves for boot camp monday. Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
23 years old has a great job, treats my daughter great, just an all around good person. Decided he wanted to go into the marine reserves. At first we are all like what ?? but after he explained it has been something he has always wanted to do we all backed him up 100 percent.

The wife and I are like nervous for him, it's been kind of weird. Wife cooked him a great big dinner, favorite pie e.t.c. he knows it's going to be tough and has done his best to prepare for it.

I'm sure my daughter is going to be a wreck for awhile but she is going to college and has a great job to keep her busy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
A. He's not married to your daughters and,
B. How many daughters (Wink) know this guy? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Good for him. Thank you!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
thank him for his decision fROM a VIET NAM ERA ARMY VETERAN.... " SEMPER FI " .

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Cue Jody to come sniffing around in 3... 2... 1... Big Grin

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Good on him!

Funny, today we stopped to pick up a bite for lunch after grocery shopping and while waiting in line we saw the recruiting center across the way. A van was out front obviously loading up some new recruits to take them to the airport. Several family members standing around saying goodbye. I smiled thinking about how their lives will never be the same and hoped they had someone in their family give them a heads up on what they were getting into! Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Big Grin
That made me laugh out loud.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm7WI-0Xxs0

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Big Grin
That made me laugh out loud.

Me too until I remembered just how real that asshole Jody is

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to congratulate you on raising your daughter well, and her choice in men.

If your daughter is worried about this next chapter of her boyfriend's life, tell her to look at it like this-
Marine Corps Reserves
It's like 12 weeks of summer camp! Wink
He'll come back in good shape, probably a nice tan, saying "sir/ma'am" to everyone, and a pretty cool (and low maintenance) haircut. Did I mention a really cool new set of clothes! Especially the Blue one!

Then it's off to MOS school (any idea of what his MOS is going to be?), more fun and games at camp. Hell, there's even "Camp" in the name- Camp LeJeune, Camp Pendelton... Then there's 29 Palms! What isn't cool about a place called 29 Palms?!?!

After that, it's one weekend a month, and two weeks out of the year.

Tell her to watch the movie "Stripes" a few times.
(STAY AWAY FROM FULL METAL JACKET! That's a no-no for about the next 6 months!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good for him! Cheers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell him that if he doesn't write regularly, you'll start sending him "care" packages.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, the crying has started, wife and I figured the next few days are going to be rough on her, these two are always together. We plan on going down to camp pendelton to watch the graduation.

Here is a picture of them at the birthday and going away party. honestly going to be a bit lonely around here with out him.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Congrats to EVERYONE!! It’s really neat he’ll have your full support...two thumbs up.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He’ll graduate Boot Camp from MCRD San Diego if he’s west coast. Not hard to find, it’s right next door to the airport.

DO NOT go to 29 Palms! I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. (Don’t let your daughter read that part!)

Reassure your daughter that he’s going to be OK, and make it out alive, and not to answer the door if Jody comes a knockin!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected its Camp Pendleton. And I will answer the door if Jody comes a knockin. Smile

parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
If you go to Camp Pendleton to see him graduate, you'll miss the graduation. He won't graduate boot camp at Pendleton. It'll be at MCRD San Diego.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
If you go to Camp Pendleton to see him graduate, you'll miss the graduation. He won't graduate boot camp at Pendleton. It'll be at MCRD San Diego.

O.k. it's pretty obvious I'm new to all of this. Big Grin

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
They make a handsome couple.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post