SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woo Hoo, I can finally keep my pants up !!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woo Hoo, I can finally keep my pants up !! Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
I’m one on those people who doesn’t have enough butt to keep their pants from sliding down. That, along with the gut pushing down, keeps me tugging my pants up all day long. I absolutely cannot carry a weapon of any size without my Perry suspenders and those tear up my shoulders after wearing them all day.

I recalled that long ago a nice pair of dress pants would have a band on the inside with elastic/rubber that was designed to keep your shirt tucked in. I figured that if it would keep the shirt down, it may also keep the pants up, so I set out trying to find this stuff. I had no idea what it was called but finally found it and ordered some. It’s called Snugtex.

Last night I sewed some into a pair of cargo shorts like I normally wear (I won’t go into any details about that little adventure Big Grin ) and low and behold, it worked. I’ve carried the heaviest thing I have a holster for (SP101) all day long and haven’t had to hitch up my pants once.

I’m a happy camper.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
I’m one on those people who doesn’t have enough butt to keep their pants from sliding down. That, along with the gut pushing down, keeps me tugging my pants up all day long. I absolutely cannot carry a weapon of any size without my Perry suspenders and those tear up my shoulders after wearing them all day.

I recalled that long ago a nice pair of dress pants would have a band on the inside with elastic/rubber that was designed to keep your shirt tucked in. I figured that if it would keep the shirt down, it may also keep the pants up, so I set out trying to find this stuff. I had no idea what it was called but finally found it and ordered some. It’s called Snugtex.

Last night I sewed some into a pair of cargo shorts like I normally wear (I won’t go into any details about that little adventure Big Grin ) and low and behold, it worked. I’ve carried the heaviest thing I have a holster for (SP101) all day long and haven’t had to hitch up my pants once.

I’m a happy camper.

Now you mention it, my dress slacks that have that carry better.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
  Woo Hoo, I can finally keep my pants up !!

And, the world is a better place Big Grin

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a similar problem, no butt, long torso, short legs (6ft3in 32 in inseam) now that I'm retired I wear liberty overalls, don't have to pull my pants up, no tucking in my shirt, plenty of large pockets, I can easily carry my Keltek pf9 in my back pocket with room to spare with a pocket holster.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
I have a similar problem, no butt, long torso, short legs (6ft3in 32 in inseam) now that I'm retired I wear liberty overalls, don't have to pull my pants up, no tucking in my shirt, plenty of large pockets, I can easily carry my Keltek pf9 in my back pocket with room to spare with a pocket holster.

I wore those for 26 years working for the Post Office, crawling around working on the sorting machines. I probably have a dozen pair somewhere in my closet but can't bring myself to wear them anymore.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Pants are overrated. Just ask KevinCW..... Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Psst! Belts. Its the new thing. Big Grin

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1955 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
If you have narrow hips and no ass, belts might not help that much. Ask me how I know.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
If you have narrow hips and no ass, belts might not help that much. Ask me how I know.

Narrow hips and no butt? Get an Armour Belt from the maker here on Sigforum. Just stiff enough that it rides on those narrow hips properly.

Mine works perfectly....

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this. I suffer greatly from noassitol. ordered a 3 inch by 5 yard roll, and will get it installed in all my jeans and shorts.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
quote:

A belt doesn't do a whole lot of good if you're shaped like a funnel. Wink

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago the company that made dress pants with that was called Sans-a-belt. Dunno if it is still in business.
I remember they advertised on the old Johnny Carson Show.I told you it was years ago.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post