SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone play Sims? <video game>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone play Sims? <video game> Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
My 14 year old niece wants it for her birthday, just wondering if it is age appropriate?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
My daughter was very much into it at that age. I didntvreally see anything that was inappropriate. Not like Grand Theft Auto or anything.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I played the Sims App for the iPad just to see what it was all about and got bored with it pretty quick, but I didn't see anything inappropriate for her age. There is getting married and having a baby, but there is nothing graphic or inappropriate IMO.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool games. My daughters loved it, very "clean."

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughters of that age are HUGE into it. Nothing terrible or worse than they are exposed to from tv. They learn a bit as well as the characters have to work to earn money to buy things, etc. Good to go.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, haven't heard Sims mentioned in awhile. My daughter used to play that any spare time she had. Great game for the young ones. Creativity overrides violence for once in a very popular video game. If this would be a gift, guaranteed home run.

Posts: 84 | Location: Donnelsville,OH | Registered: June 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
As already said, it can be helpful with things like time management (i.e. getting a family ready for work/school). If children do not have their basic needs met, then they can get taken away by a social worker. Also it teaches about saving for bills. You have to balance what you earn with paying for food, other household items, and then bills come 2x a week. If you do not pay your bills the repo man comes... I personally think it is a fun intro into the real world.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
For a kid that age, no problem. The wife was very into it for a long time; she has more than six of the sequels/add-ons. It was pretty fun.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post