SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Punishing cancel culture, can we fight stupid with stupid?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Punishing cancel culture, can we fight stupid with stupid? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
I wrote a fairly long post earlier this week about a fun "project" idea I have. I'm unsure which way to go with it and was looking for input. In the end I decided not to post about it. But I was telling a co-worker about it today and while doing so, this little side idea/thought popped into my head:

Can I sue, or can we as a group bring up a class action suit against Quaker Oats / PepsiCo for knowingly exposing me to blatant racism and cultural insensitivity my entire life? (Aunt Jemima) I mean they've basically admitted their guilt by first removing the African American woman from the box, then doing away with the whole brand entirely! (it was that bad!) There's no telling what kind of monster they helped create. I'm a terrible person and it's probably their fault.

If you say what you were doing was wrong, then you should have to answer for the wrong you've done.

Can we fight stupid with stupid?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This is sarcasm, yes?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Maybe, maybe not? That's the question I guess.
Is that what it will take?

If you think you've done a horrible thing, I will agree and treat it like a horrible thing. "If you're going to be stupid, we're going to be stupid right back."

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Don't know the validity of it all, but damn, I like the way you think! Big Grin

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I've cancelled my accounts at Target, Kohls and Bed Bath and beyond all because they pulled My Pillow from their shelves in an attempt to punish the owner of that company for supporting President Trump. Gotta start somewhere. Fight fire with fire.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
It'll be like playing chess against a pigeon. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Key question: can you show damages that the court can redress? Hint: thinking creatively isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The opposing stupids will cancel each other out and there's a non-zero probablility that the ensuing rapid vacuum will create a super-massive black hole which will consume this quadrant of our galaxy.

Other than that, it's a solid plan.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Probably just be a bunch of white holes telling us how black holes are being marginalized....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
The opposing stupids will cancel each other out and there's a non-zero probablility that the ensuing rapid vacuum will create a super-massive black hole which will consume this quadrant of our galaxy.

So really no down side, then.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
can we fight stupid with stupid?

In other words, illustrate absurdity by being absurd? They won't get it.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
can we fight stupid with stupid?

In other words, illustrate absurdity by being absurd? They won't get it.

Seems to me humanity has been doing this since we started walking up right.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Of course if we try to fight stupid with stupid we might be terribly outgunned.

No they may not get the absurdity, but a jury might. Their lawyers might. Come on, wouldn’t that be fun to see those commercials late night TV... “If you, or anyone you know has been emotionally hurt by pancakes, you may be entitled to a large cash award...” Big Grin

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
"You can't fix stupid" - Ron White

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They need to stop renaming things to sound more palatable.
Cancel culture is really McCarthyism to us older folks. Unfortunately most younger folks have no idea what that means and don't think what they are doing could possibly be related to past extremism on the right.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing gets a big corporation's attention faster than losing a bunch of big lawsuits, and the negative PR that comes with them. I like the idea.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Like they say, "Hit back, twice as hard".

There are so many rabid leftists in our society that being civil is no longer an option and a good defense is going on the offence.

Hold leftists to the same rules and norms they're trying to impose on us.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can sue for using gorilla glue in your hair you can sue for that. Doesn’t mean you’re going to win.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3918 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I don’t wanna fight stupid with stupid. I just wanna wipe them out.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
The stupid would probably agree.

Remember the L of L butter thing

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post