SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What News Station to Watch?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What News Station to Watch? Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
Sometimes, I just want to kick back and watch the news on TV, or have it on in the background while cooking dinner. But finding what to watch has become more difficult, something that doesn't make my blood boil.

The major networks, CNN, and MSNBC are clearly out, as is the Dead Man Walking network (that shall not be named, so please don't.)

One America News Network (OAN) is ok, but feels amateurish. I hope it improves and fills the vacuum.

CSPAN is occasionally alright but can be as dull as watching a dead turtle try and roll over.

Is CRTV any good? Can it be watched on cable box or Xbox?

Anything else?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm. I actually like Lester Holt on NBC. He seems like a straight shooter, but he also is somewhat controlled by his producers and the network. What is CRTV?

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Lester could hardly contain his glee when he was reporting that O'Reilly had been shitcanned.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
Hmm. I actually like Lester Holt on NBC. He seems like a straight shooter, but he also is somewhat controlled by his producers and the network. What is CRTV?

"Straight Shooter"? I guess you missed his dimowit marionette dance during the presidential election run up. He is as biased as any of them and I won't give him, any of his lamestream cronies, or their cable siblings a look. Screw 'em!

I much prefer a couple of the internet outlets for national and world news. I will watch my local TV stations for local coverage.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
None, TV news sucks, every one is biased and have there own agenda. It is just not worth the effort to watch and get pissed about.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I suggest Wheel of Fortune while cooking dinner.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

As a young man, I was in love with Vanna White. That girl could turn letters all day long.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

As a young man, I was in love with Vanna White. That girl could turn letters all day long.

Now all she does is touch a screen.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Fox Business has a great deal of news and other discussion without most of the obnoxious douchebags.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Fox Business has a great deal of news and other discussion without most of the obnoxious douchebags.

^^^
This

I really miss FBN which we lost when we went to a very stripped down Comcast TV package.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
None. Go online. Most people can read faster than those ass'oles on TV can read a story off a teleprompter.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I Like OAN although at times it feels like a college production.

I love the little historical/patriotic things they squeeze in between segments, beats an extra commercial by far.

I love Final Thoughts and Tipping Point.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Fox Business.

I got on to them during last fall's election cycle. No Bill O'Really ego. No Megyno - Woman Avenger. No Sean Insanity fashion review and 19th century Victorian novel drama llama.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest you rethink the question. How about, "Which station actually broadcasts news?" If you find an answer to that question, please post it here.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have pretty much forgone all broadcast news since the inauguration. It's just ridiculous. At 0500 I turn of Fox while I sip coffe but that is usually it for the day. I check the Fox app a few times a day but I only open articles when something non-political happens. I am just SICK of politics 25/8.

I check the ONAN website but they use a lot of Reuters articles which are COMPLETELY left leaning so I stopped going there.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I DVR Brett Baier's Special Report on FNC and watch it when convenient.
For local news, I pick the one with the best-looking weatherwoman.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
None. Local news that seems balanced, but that is it.

MSM is dead, time has passed.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Lester Holt has been caught lying so many times, it's embarrassing.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
FOX Business

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Fox headline news on Sirius XM.
On line Fox resembles a tabloid with some news thrown in anymore

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post