SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Jersey Dems begin process that would lead to paying reparations to black Americans
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Jersey Dems begin process that would lead to paying reparations to black Americans Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Maybe Native Americans (and one particular former Native American) should get in on this.

Where do the freebie promises end?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could people who had relatives who fought for the Union in the Civil War be exempt from this farce? My wife’s great GrandFather fought in three major battles and wounded twice.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Somehow, the abject stupidity just keeps rolling along!

Maybe the free shit crowd can figure out how to organize so we get all their wet dream hallucinations at one time.

And what about the blacks who fought for the north? Do they get paid, or do they have to pay? And to whom would they pay? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Great, even more Democrat ijits will move to PA as a result and fuck up my home state. Roll Eyes

I feel sorry for the Republicans in the freeway state - Please move to PA to help stem the tide!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I think that I am 1/1024 former New Jersey slave. When will I get my check?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I can easily prove my Irish heritage. My people were enslaved. "Irish need not apply."
Enslaved and oppressed, here. I take Paypal. Email in profile.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
So people who were never slave owners have to pay people who were never slaves? Confused Roll Eyes

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I used to be a slave to New Jersey Democrats...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Unlike with slavery, there are still people alive today who were victimized by Jim Crow laws passed by Democrats. I say all Dems should pay reparations. Doesn't make any sense, you say? Well, neither does this or any of the other reparation proposals.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The majority of black people who want reparations are already getting a check courtesy of the American taxpayers.

NJ is going full retard. They’re currently pushing for drivers licenses for illegal aliens.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Great-grandfather became an invalid as a result of being an Illinois soldier during the Civil War. Where do I sign up?

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My ancestors, from either side of the family, didn't arrive until after 1880 and lived in the north, therefore we are exempt.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
It is things like this and the cost of living in New Jersey that made me move out twenty years ago. If they keep this up who is going to be left to pay the taxes to fund this.
Several very wealthy people have left New Jersey because of the taxes the rest of the population is not far behind.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'm all for it.

Take the price of the 40 acres back then (it was about sixty bucks) and add the average mule ($12). Adjust for inflation (three grand) and cut them a check.

For that check, end all affirmative action, quotas, diversity, and legal standing, etc... Permanently.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was forced to live in New Jersey for two years. Can I get any reparation for that time in hell?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Reparations really are the last Hail Mary attempt at keeping African Americans on the Democratic plantation.

For decades, the Democrats have promised blacks the moon and the stars and delivered almost nothing. Very little in the way of economic gains and nothing else except maintenance of a system of government-mandated discrimination known as affirmative action that exemplifies the bigotry of low expectations. Furthermore, every major city under Democratic rule is on its way to third world status.

Along comes President Donald Trump delivering the strongest economy in a generation - one that lifts every boat, including the ones that blacks and latinos are riding in. Unemployment at all-time lows for blacks. Income gains across the board. Home ownership rates going up.

In 3 years, Trump has begun to deliver what Democrats always promised but never even really tried to deliver. The Democrats redistributed trillions of dollars over the decades, but very little of it improved the lives of minority Americans, unless they happened to be members of a labor union.

Democrats won 89% of the black vote in 2016 and 90% in the 2018 midterms. Impressive sounding, but the Democrats are now running scared because they know that it won't take very many blacks switching to the Republican party for 2020 and all future elections to turn into landslides for the GOP. If Trump gets 15% of the black vote, that would be historic and almost certainly cement a victory for the incumbent president.

So the Democrats have a three-prong strategy. First, try like hell to establish Trump as a racist or white nationalist in the minds of the black community. Second, promise reparations as another bribe to blacks. Third, import new residents from across the southern border as fast as possible and give them a path to citizenship in order to replace black voters that they may lose to the GOP.

Blacks are waking up and seeing that #1 isn't really true. They know Trump's history of great relations with the black community and they see they real economic gains he is delivering for them. As for #3, I believe it is starting to backfire on the Democrats because black can see the writing on the wall that the Democrats don't give a damn about them and are soon going to be a Latino-focused party. Also, it's a longer-term strategy that won't help them in time for 2020.

So it's all about #2 - Reparations. Will it work to keep enough blacks locked into the Democratic side? Time will tell - but I don't think so.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^ A very excellent post.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My pronoun is brother Steve and I identify as a black Jerseyite. Eek
Can I get paid? Confused
I accept paypal gift, cash and money orders. Smile

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still don't understand this....People who never owned slaves are going to pay money to people who never were slaves.

Not trying to be insensitive. What am I missing here?

Posts: 81 | Location: SW PA USA | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by curnarski:

Not trying to be insensitive. What am I missing here?

Insensitive? Please. You're not missing anything. Anyone who vouches for or believes in reparations for blacks is a retard. How's that for insensitive?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post