SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Driving in the country
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driving in the country Login/Join 
posted
We have no gas stations close by or stop and robs. Yes, sometimes your GPS will mess up.

A suggestion if I may?

1. Don't head out with a 1/4 tank of gas. Especially if you drive 15 miles from home just to get here. No, I won't loan you gas. I know, you'll pay me back when you can (I'm smarter than I look).

2. If you drive a POS, better not head out this way. No, I can't fix you exhaust system when it falls off or your serpentine belt that is shredded or your water pump that has been leaking for two months.

2. No, you can't have a picnic in the woods. Why? The last couple of people we allowed to do that left a shit ton of garbage on the ground and one damn near burnt the place to the ground with a huge fire. I know, you wouldn't do that.

3. Yes, that's a real gun and no, you can't see it. I'm sorry you are scared of guns and no, they aren't evil.

4. The pigs and cows aren't pets. Yes, we will butcher them. No, we're not savages. How do you think meat gets into the supermarket?

5. Yea, funny that I look a lot like a cop that arrested you. I get that a lot.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
We have no gas stations close by or stop and robs. Yes, sometimes your GPS will mess up.

A suggestion if I may?

1. Don't head out with a 1/4 tank of gas. Especially if you drive 15 miles from home just to get here. No, I won't loan you gas. I know, you'll pay me back when you can (I'm smarter than I look).

2. If you drive a POS, better not head out this way. No, I can't fix you exhaust system when it falls off or your serpentine belt that is shredded or your water pump that has been leaking for two months.

2. No, you can't have a picnic in the woods. Why? The last couple of people we allowed to do that left a shit ton of garbage on the ground and one damn near burnt the place to the ground with a huge fire. I know, you wouldn't do that.

3. Yes, that's a real gun and no, you can't see it. I'm sorry you are scared of guns and no, they aren't evil.

4. The pigs and cows aren't pets. Yes, we will butcher them. No, we're not savages. How do you think meat gets into the supermarket?

5. Yea, funny that I look a lot like a cop that arrested you. I get that a lot.

Well, your area sounds lots like mine used to (except the cop and livestock), some how or another I don't get the refugees like I did 10 years ago.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Hey dude, can we use your bathroom? Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Big Grin We have some of these types when hiking/fishing in the National Forest.

The last group of three tried to get friendly and were swimming in the reservoir that says NO SWIMMING.

Forest Ranger passed them on the way in and could see they were wearing swimming apparel. Roll Eyes

Next they had a fire for roasting hot dogs, etc and left with it still burning. On the way out, they broke just about every glass bottle laying along the trail. Mad

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

"You are a guy, there's a tree"

posted Hide Post
Forgot: Yes, the dogs bite. That's why there signs up. No, don't put you fingers/hand thru the fence, they will probably come back shorter than they went in.

posted Hide Post
Yeah I get it. I grew up in the inner city and then lived in rural Wisconsin for two years. I learned a lot. Also worked in the East Tennessee backwoods, and the Smokey Mountain National Park as a volunteer.

The stories the Park Rangers told me were incredible. They got sick of tourists asking them the names of the trees, picking the wildflowers, and asking where to find the bears so they could take pictures. It was hard for them not to be sarcastic.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Yeah I get it. I grew up in the inner city and then lived in rural Wisconsin for two years. I learned a lot. Also worked in the East Tennessee backwoods, and the Smokey Mountain National Park as a volunteer.

The stories the Park Rangers told me were incredible. They got sick of tourists asking them the names of the trees, picking the wildflowers, and asking where to find the bears so they could take pictures. It was hard for them not to be sarcastic.

The bull chased you when you jumped the fence? Maybe he can read the no trespassing signs that you didn't.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
No, I don't have a jack that will fit your pile of junk.

No, I can't air up your flat spare tire.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
No those are not moose, moose do not moo.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:

Nor are they black and white.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

Nor can I push your car 20 miles because you don't have the money for a tow truck.

Picture of sargespd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nor are they black and white.

Dude,you're moose's are in color? Awesome!

I shave with Occam's razor

Posts: 3654 | Location: Springdale (Cincinnati) Ohio USA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and no! you can not have the center half of the road !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know the roads are in poor repair. We like them that way. It keeps the assholes from the cities & burbs from coming up here.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

A suggestion if I may?

Don't let them bring flare guns. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:

But it's right there in their name!

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

Nor do I have a spare to loan you to get home. Yes, I know, you'll bring it back.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

A suggestion if I may?

Don't let them bring flare guns. Big Grin

Last group we let have a picnic built a bonfire you could see from space. Then they left and it was still burning. Caught grass on fire and we had the VFD come out. They left all kinds of crap with their names and address on it and got a healthy fine an the opportunity to come back out and clean it up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

"You are a guy, there's a tree"

"You're a girl, there's a bush.. over there"

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post