SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unprovoked, INFURIATING assault on business owner and minor daughter. NSFW, because I'm calling the assailants...
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unprovoked, INFURIATING assault on business owner and minor daughter. NSFW, because I'm calling the assailants... Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
in certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment. ----- Frank Castle.

Posts: 9509 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
From restaurant Facebook page:

Good morning and happy Saturday.

Sentencing for the two individuals involved in last years attack at the Qwik Chik is scheduled for this Friday. The venue was moved to Camden County.

We ask for your support whether in-person at the sentencing or through thoughts and prayers.

Camden County Courthouse
210 East 4th Street
Woodbine, GA

January 12th @ 2:00 pm

Thank you for your continued support.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 9417 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fuckin punks...sorry for my language, Para

Posts: 676 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
Fuckin punks...sorry for my language, Para
Nothing wrong with calling a punk, a punk.

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 18022 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can always hope for an "adequate" sentence.

Posts: 3964 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump to follow...

Posts: 1596 | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
Fuckin punks
Nothing wrong with calling a punk, a punk.

He didn't call the punk a punk, he called the fucking punk a fucking punk. Correctly, I might add.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 16201 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot find the final sentencing disposition on this. Anyone else

Posts: 1596 | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
I cannot find the final sentencing disposition on this. Anyone else

That's because they won't be sentenced until 2 PM today, Georgia time.

Posts: 2996 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Tick tock....

...but resist, we much. We must, and we will much, about that, be committed. Al Sharpton 2011

Posts: 23437 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Judge brought the hammer on big boy. Chicklet got off a little easier.

Link
APPLING COUNTY, GA (WJCL) —
A man and woman who were captured on surveillance video brutally beating a restaurant owner and her teenage daughter have each been sentenced to prison.

John B. Johnson, Chief Assistant to Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney Jackie Johnson tells WJCL 22 News that Nathaniel Smith was charged with cruelty to children and was sentenced to 15 years in prison with eight to serve.

His wife, Latasha Smith, was charged with aggravated battery and was sentenced to ten years in prison with two to serve.

The couple were also ordered to pay $4,000 in restitution to the victims and have been banished from Appling and Jeff Davis counties.

"We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled." - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012

"All the citizens of this land are of right freemen; they owe no allegiance to any class and should recognize no task-masters. Under the chart of their liberties, under the law of high heaven, they are free and without shackles on their limbs nor mortgages upon the fruits of their brain or muscles; they bow down before no prince, potentate, or sovereign, nor kiss the royal robes of any crowned head; they render homage only to their God and should pay tribute only to their Government. Such at least is the spirit of our institutions, the character of our written national compact."

Charles Triplett O’Ferrall of Virginia - In Congress, May 1, 1888

Posts: 9130 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, good things come to those who wait Wink

Man gets 8yrs prison to serve.
Woman gets 2yrs prison to serve.

quote:
CAMDEN CO., GA (WTOC) -

The couple that assaulted a Baxley restaurant owner and her daughter were sentenced to prison in court on Thursday.

Nathaniel Smith has been sentenced to 15 years, eight to serve, and up to 100 hours of community service. Latasha has been sentenced to 10 years, two to serve, and up to 100 hours of community service. They both have been ordered to take an anger management course.

Both were dissatisfied with their food order and assaulted Norris first, then punched her daughter when she ran to her aid. The video, shared with us by Baxley Police, has been viewed millions of times since June.

People in South Georgia began contacting police to identify the pair. Two weeks later, the couple surrendered in Bryan County.

They appeared in court several times as attorneys prepared for a November trial on assault and child cruelty charges. But days before a trial would start, they took a negotiated plea.

The victim testified in court Friday at the sentencing hearing.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/3725...-sentenced-to-prison

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 3097 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It turned out to be some pretty expensive free chicken, huh, trash?

You should have paid your check and shut your fucking mouths.

quote:
They both have been ordered to take an anger management course.
Oh, please. Utterly pointless. Roll Eyes

Posts: 83226 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
That's fabulous! There is justice, sometimes.

Posts: 4094 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nathaniel Smith has been sentenced to 15 years, eight to serve, and up to 100 hours of community service. Latasha has been sentenced to 10 years, two to serve ...

Confused Not following . Is the lower figure that which they must serve before coming up for parole or something?

Posts: 20457 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to bet that these two, having shown such impressive lack of impulse control, will wind up serving their full sentence.

Ken

Posts: 924 | Location: Missouri | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I went back to the video and watched it again and after doing that I'm thinking they are getting off too easily. Mad

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 6523 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
The couple were also ordered to pay $4,000 in restitution to the victims and have been banished from Appling and Jeff Davis counties.

I thought the banishment was a nice touch

She should have gotten 8 years as well, but better for her to be a felon

that wa good

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but rather when you have your foot firmly on the enemies neck

"I'm only myself when I have a guitar in my hands." - George Harrison

Posts: 46578 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
have been banished from Appling and Jeff Davis counties.

Get the fuck out of Dodge, and STAY the Fuck Out Of Dodge! I wish they could deport them to some shithole country.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4471 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well - their strategy worked.

FREE meals for the next few years.

Posts: 2036 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post