SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are you an expert at?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you an expert at? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
I've always been decent at getting things done quickly and organization.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody can get in trouble with my wife as good as I. Nobody gets their ass kicked as often, either.

So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Expert? I used to think I was an expert at a few things, then I got around people (like some of the members here) who are EXPERTS.

Now I accept that my goal in life is to be helpful in as many situations as possible. I love being able to say "I can help you with that!"

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Headaches; migraines specifically...

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I know a little about a lot, but I don't know everything. I'm odd.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one of the same pieces of paper as an earlier poster - and enough knowledge to know I am NOT an expert on the law - used to be pretty good on laws, and precedent, in TX about the carrying of a weapon though...

I make a living cooking... If it involves milk, sugar, and eggs, as the main ingredient, I’m fairly good...

I’m getting better about gluten-free baking, but I don’t think that field has produced an expert, yet.

I do know an expert pastry chef, though.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Turning beer into urine.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Technically an "expert" in IDPA.

In reality, I know a bit about a lot of things.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Expert

X is an unknown quantity

Spurt is a drip under pressure

Knowledgeable, yes...Expert, no.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not an expert. I am just well read.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
As I get older? Less and less.

Sigh... Too true. The older I get, the smarter I was.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Seems we have a lot of experts here, real or imagined, who know a lot about many subjects. Some even know a lot about everything, it seems. Big Grin
...snip...

Maybe asking what expertise "do you get paid to provide" is a better question ha!!

As for expertise I don't get paid for...
Making wine

Roasting whole lamb Greek style on a suvla (spit)

Taking photos & videos including editing

Building & repairing computers, installing software, setting up networks

Replacing parts on Sig pistols.

ooo, I'm also a life long student of Tom Sawyer and how to "get" a fence painted!

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
rocks

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
Oh boy! This post has jimmy123 written all over it. It's just a matter of time now before the list of expertise begins. I only hope the servers are up to the task.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm expert at looking at the glass half full.

Good one!

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1335519

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
rocks

Nice rocks at that!

Things related to petroleum I can speak most to. I continue familiarity with the taste of my foot.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I've forgotten much MUCH more than I now know

Posts: 4698 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Pissing off my wife. Today anyway.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't call myself an "expert" on anything, but I am pretty good at a few things. I was a very good COBOL programmer, something I did for 31 years for USAF and later Texas Instruments. I was able to make COBOL do things it was not originally designed to do, but my bosses wanted it. I'm pretty good at rooting out tidbits of genealogy from the riches on the Internet, and making connections among them. That being said, I'm not a genious programmer nor a whiz at genealogy--just a pretty good practitioner. I have a knack of seeing things that others do not, and a skewed way of looking at things. That has sometimes been useful.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Sofa dwelling.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post