SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are you an expert at?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you an expert at? Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
Seems we have a lot of experts here, real or imagined, who know a lot about many subjects. Some even know a lot about everything, it seems. Big Grin

I’ll start: I don’t consider myself an expert on anything. I know enough about many subjects to know what’s roughly right and roughly wrong. I play guitar, been playing for 28 years but I wouldn’t call myself a musician. I work in new home construction but I wouldn’t call myself a construction worker. I have bachelor degrees in psychology and criminal justice but I’m not an expert in either field. Even have an MBA but don’t consider myself an expert in business.

How about you guys?

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm pretty darn good a taking naps!

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm expert at looking at the glass half full.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'm an expert in humility.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I've got some pieces of paper written in fancy, old-timey looking writing that are supposed to mean that I know a bunch of laws & stuff.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Procrastination, at least I will be, when I get round to it.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
As I get older? Less and less.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well as I get smarter and wiser I become less of an expert. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Grammar.
At what are you an expert?
Razz

Seriously, nothing rises to the level of expert.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I know everything I do and nothing I don't. Maybe...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Oh boy! This post has jimmy123 written all over it. It's just a matter of time now before the list of expertise begins. I only hope the servers are up to the task.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6727 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pretty good at evaluating how different bourbons taste.....at least to me!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I have a double black belt super duper short attention span and get distracted quickly. Getting stuff done happens, but I can make the journey twice as far.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been blessed with the utmost talent for giving advice. However, I am the world's worst student in taking advice. (I think that is Mother Nature's way of balancing things out, so's I don't get more than my fair share of talents.)

I do lay claim to the largest collection of useless knowledge known to mankind, but the less said about that, the better!

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I am expert at knowing my limitations, meaning I'm not an expert on anything.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Grammar.
At what are you an expert?
Razz

Seriously, nothing rises to the level of expert.

Good one!

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I am an expert in one area, making rye disappear.

I think of expertise as a lake. Some folks are a very deep but small surface lake. They know a great deal about a few things. I admire them.

I am a very shallow lake with a big surface area. I know a little bit about a wide range of topics.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Nothing, but pretty good at guitar, sudoku, and rubik's cube.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm an expert at enjoying shooting.
And I'm becoming dangerously proficient at looking busy whilst perusing Sigforum at work.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Two things.

Jack, & Shit.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post