SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My new song Parody
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new song Parody Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I can see where many people mistook my post for whining. What I was really doing was setting up my new song parody based on "Wichita Lineman".

It’s getting ridiculous up here in Gainesville, GA.
9 days after Hurricane Irma, AT&T still has not restored our Internet, Uverse TV service, DVR, and Phone.
They actually sent a “kid” up here on Sunday afternoon who informed us that “the lines are torn off the poles, and I’m just an “inside guy”. “Well NO Crap sonny”, that’s what we told them when we opened the ticket!”
This morning, my wife was humming Glenn Campbell’s “Wichita Lineman”. Apparently that’s what people did before TV, and it got me thinking that the AT&T linemen need THEIR own song.

ATT Lineman
Dave Steier with Apologies to Glenn Campbell

I am a lineman for AT and T
But I'm dispatched from Bangalore
And I'm just as likely to be sent to your house as El Salvador
I hear you cryin' for your Uverse
I know you want your DVR
And the ATT Lineman, is still NOT at our Door!

We called and told them that our line's down.
So they sent an "inside guy"
And I thought that poor kid was going to cry.
He said I'd really like to help you,
But I need to put in a ticket with facilities in Shanghai
And the ATT Line man, just turned and said "good bye"

And they know we won't go to Comcast
Cause they suck worse than you guys
And the ATT lineman, is most likely in Dubai

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rolan_Kraps,

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sounds horrible, hopefully y'all can survive the nightmare.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
At least you're not in south Florida. Read that there's still nearly a million people there without power.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I don't think the guys from Bangalore climb poles....

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
But land lines always work!

We went 14 in 2006.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't have any service at my house, either. But then again, I don't have any sheetrock, floor coverings, oven, sink, kitchen cabinets, living room or dining room furniture, or refrigerator either. On the bright side, the power is on, so all the exposed wires would be live if I threw the main breaker.

After Ike, we were two weeks without electricity. I grilled a lot and gave my Coleman stove a workout. It takes time when a big storm tears down overhead lines. Be patient.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I assume you at least have cell service, or some means of communication??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
My mother was still down with ATT from Harvey when I visited her last weekend!

Her area of Spring (North Houston) wasn't really impacted either by Harvey so I can imagine you will be awhile.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
It’s getting ridiculous up here in Gainesville, GA.
9 days after Hurricane Irma, AT&T still has not restored our Internet, Uverse TV service, DVR, and Phone.
They actually sent a “kid” up here on Sunday afternoon who informed us that “the lines are torn off the poles, and I’m just an “inside guy”. “Well NO Crap sonny”, that’s what we told them when we opened the ticket!”
This morning, my wife was humming Glenn Campbell’s “Wichita Lineman”. Apparently that’s what people did before TV, and it got me thinking that the AT&T linemen need THEIR own song.

My Lord, man! Why aren't stories like this getting more publicity?!

This is the USA, after all.

Have you contacted your local print, radio, and television media? This is an outrage, and I'm sure the media would run with a story like this.

Who can be expected to suffer like this?!?!

I blame Bush.

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Be thankful that's all you have to deal with..

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-9BdPkp-0

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Hot chocolate and blankets are on the way

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Nobody's given you notice for your song but you've hit it syllable for syllable. Great job!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was the definition of whinnying, FYSA.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
That was the definition of whinnying, FYSA.

I thought whinnying was what a horse does...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be right...

Only thing that could made this thread better is if it was in the pitch your bitch section...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
...But then again, I don't have any sheetrock, floor coverings, oven, sink, kitchen cabinets, living room or dining room furniture, or refrigerator either...

Good Lord, man! I had no idea you were hit that hard!

I wish there was something I could do to help.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9146 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:

Red Cross is sending a little cardboard box with a sponge, a whisk broom, and a little bar of Ivory soap.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:

Red Cross is sending a little cardboard box with a sponge, a whisk broom, and a little bar of Ivory soap. And a bill...

FIFY

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
So, are you taking notes of the experience to use to design a shoot?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
And another Krappy Parody!

Take a Hard Right, Maria - Apologies to R.B. Greaves
By Dave Steier / Rolan Kraps - Link to original song: https://youtu.be/Z9Y0x1jLkLg
Last night as I got home, I turned on CNN.
There was Jim Cantore in Puerto Rico, in the eye of a Hurricane
I lost my cool, its just too cruel, Irma's still causin' pain
I packed some clothes, gassed up the car, and I'm leaving Florida again

So take a hard right, Maria, and spare the everglades
I ain't never getting' Power, at least not in county Dade
So take a hard right, Maria, and we'll have it made.
Send your sorry ass out to sea, while we wait for FEMA aid.

Harvey flooded Texas, he caused every one to flee
Irma wrecked the Caicos, and in the Turks sounded like a Banshee
I was wrong to try to wait her out with a bottle of Chablis
The Storm Surge took me out left my home in misery.

So take a hard right, Maria, and we'll have it made.
Send your sorry ass out to sea, while we wait for FEMA aid.

When a storm this big hit, it's hard to understand
That we could have three storms in such a short timespan.
So Maria, won't you hear our plea?
And take a hard right, and blow your ass out to sea!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post