SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need to clone a security camera DVR HD. Anything I should knoweforehand.?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to clone a security camera DVR HD. Anything I should knoweforehand.? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
My head Is spinning, I can swear I posted this already

Need to clone a CCTV hard drive
The current building administration does not have user and pass not the previous administración

Need to clone the drive before it gets overwritten

I have Ghost and a few other cloning tools, never tried with FS other than MS ones

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Some of the drives have a proprietary OS/image and or are encrypted and cannot be cloned.

Some of this is to ensure the "secure chain" of the record images from "tampering", and other times, just the manufacture/vendor trying to have control and revenue.

But if you can slave it into another PC and see if the drive can be read, you may be able to clone it, or if you can read it, copy the information.

Hope that helps.

If you will email me part/model number of the DVR, I'll see if I can help find more info.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
As Meenkey* mentioned, many DVR systems use either a Linux type FS, or possibly a proprietary one (Verint, I2I). Some “free” cloners won’t be able to see the source drive(s), so you may need to boot to a Linux utility and use DD, GParted, Clonezilla or similar.

*(Sorry, just watched Return of Pink Panther)

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
LOL

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
You could also try Macrium Reflect free to clone the drive.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2720022144

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, last night was a sleepless one and it's midnight and just came from a clinic where I left my mother in observation. She fell and spent most of the day lying on the floor.

I'm exhausted.

Someone took advantage of her and might have searched her home while she was "absent". That is why I need the CCTV backed up asap.

0-0

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Can't help on security camera DVR, but I might suggest a supplement.

Something like this?

Motion-sensitive video cam that is an actual USB charger. If these exist in BA, and if you can find an outlet in the right place, you could add your own security cam in the mix going forward.

Another suggestion - change the locks, pronto.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Only need the entrance to the building and not the appartment

Interesting little bug, never seen anything similar

0-0