SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have an iPhone SE?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have an iPhone SE? Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
We have SEs as they aren't huge. Our old phones were iPhone 3? Great mprovement.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
All new iPhones should be announced soon.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Bought one when they first came out.
Very impressive camera.
Use a "Tech 21" case and could not be any happier.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
no issues with the SE in our family, it works. if you are playing games the small screen and or battery may be an issue.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest you reconsider the 6S. It's really not that big a phone, and the additional screen real estate comes in real handy for email, texting, web browsing, photos, maps, you-name-it.

I wouldn't want to go any bigger, but I wouldn't want to go any smaller, either.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one for a year because I thought that I wanted a small phone but I was wrong. It was great for the pocket but hard to use. Texting was a pain and it got old straining my eyes to see things on that tiny screen. The 7 is good size, not too big, not too small.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
My SE next to my work 6. I'll never buy a phone bigger than the SE. But then I really don't do much with it. I talk and text, check email, check the weather, and look at the Fox headlines. I have a 2G plan and I might use .3 a month. The case does make the 6 look bigger, but, well it is.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I moved up from a flip phone to the SE/64 after I purchased a Garmin Forerunner 235. Once you get a smart watch with all he bells and whistles a Smart Phone is darned near essential. Went with Apple because I've been holding on to Apple stock since 2002 when I saw how many folks were obsessed with the Ipod.

Since my primary camera is a Nikon D750 I don't find the camera in the Iphone as anything more than handy for recording stuff for reference.

What has proven to be totally useful is the activation for a phone call on my Smart Watch. I work in an automotive parts supplier production facility and there is enough noise on the shop floor that you just cannot here a phone ringing. I also find the ability to record meetings and take notes on the phone to be a real asset. I also find the reminders to be a big positive, now every month when the dog is due for his meds I get reminded.

The final benefit is the Bluetooth feature and everything you can do with it. Recently I've been working through my CD collection adding music to my Iphone so I can listen to my music while working at the gym with my bluetooth headphones. Also have the phone linked to the radios I installed in both cars to provide hands free phone and the ability to listen to musing on my Iphone.

BTW, the cars are a 1985 Monte Carlo SS and a 1986 Cutlass Supreme. Yeah, when I find something I like I do tend to hang on to it. While I doubt that the Iphone will last this long when the battery goes toes up I will definitely get another Iphone.

PS; I learned the value of the Icloud when my sister upgraded from a 4 to a 7 the week of the 4th of July. She had never set up a Icloud account so setting the new phone took about 2 hours. She also learned the value of a case and screen protector after she dropped her Iphone 4 the day before her appointment to do the changeover. If you have an Icloud account a new phone simply involves setting up the Icloud connection to the new phone and the phone will sync to the cloud in the background as you do other stuff during the day. Beats the heck out of sitting there watching some tech transferring files.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post