SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple Quietly Kills iPod Shuffle and Nano
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple Quietly Kills iPod Shuffle and Nano Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have a number of iPod shuffles and Nanos. Like many others, I do not carry my phone with me when I run (it's too big, uses battery needlessly, and can get dropped and damaged easily). The Shuffle and the Nano that are postage-stamp sized are perfect, as they clip on to my waistband, shirt tail, or somewhere out of the way.

When I first heard the news I felt somewhat abandoned. But then I thought, Apple has been pushing away its loyal base (I've used Apple computers since the late 1970s) for a while. I went online and quickly found a SanDisk "Clip Sport Plus" 16GB MP3 player with headphones for $55. Included is a drag-and-drop interface that means I can connect it to my computer and simply move files over (including separate folders) without having the beastly iTunes crap-o-la (you can only "register" an iPod to five machines, and sync with only one. Seriously?).

So, when my iPods run out of battery (as happened with my Gen 3 Shuffle), it will simply go in the trash and my dollars will go to some company not named for a fruit.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post