SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cell Phone Screen Protectors?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell Phone Screen Protectors? Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I like the ESR tempered glass screen protector for my iPhone, together with an Apple case. They are cheap enough and come with a template thing that fits over the phone to make installation/positioning a breeze. It makes for a slim well protected phone.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been going without them for 2 years, no issues.

Make sure you have a case with enough of a lip to come forward past the screen edge so if it drops screen down, the glass will not touch anything.

I get my unlocked iPhones through the Apple Store plan, which requires Apple Care Plus. Apple Care Plus will allow two screen replacements at a cost that's no greater than the cost of their screen protectors.

But, I only keep my phone in my front pocket, with nothing else in the pocket. If you commingle with coins, keys, etc or throw it in a bag with other stuff, then the screen is a lot more exposed to potential damage.

Oh and any salesman insisting you need one for a particular phone is just try to gouge you. $30 for something really worth a few cents - huge profit margin. If the screen is so sensitive, tell the salesman that you can't have such a fragile phone and thank him for telling you and say you need to go elsewhere to pick a better phone...

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Oh and any salesman insisting you need one for a particular phone is just try to gouge you. $30 for something really worth a few cents - huge profit margin. If the screen is so sensitive, tell the salesman that you can't have such a fragile phone and thank him for telling you and say you need to go elsewhere to pick a better phone...

This is exactly right. You don't need a screen protector on your phone, especially not on today's smartphones. I've never used a screen protector, never. And I've never had so much as a scratch on any of my phones' screens. But I take very good care of my phones. My wife, not so much. When the salesman told me he would put the screen protector on my phone while we finalized the sail, I told him no thanks, I don't need one. I could tell he's never heard that before and thought it would just be an easy sell. He then offered me a discount. I still said no thanks, but said I'll take it for my wife's iPhone.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Don't use 'em. I do put a minimal case on my phones, in case I fumble and drop it.

Instead of screen protectors and cases that turn a nice, slim phone into a freakin' brick, I handle my phone cautiously.

I also don't buy $1,000.00 phablets.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Spigen case + spigen tempered glass. Small price to protect a $900 device.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post