SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today's words of wisdom-
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today's words of wisdom- Login/Join 
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted
No English dictionary has been able to adequately explain the difference between these two words. In a recent linguistic competition held in London and attended by, supposedly, the best in the world, Samdar Balgobin, a Guyanese man, was the clear winner with a standing ovation which lasted over 5 minutes.

The final question was: How do you explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED in a way that is easy to understand? Some people say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED.

Here is his astute answer:

When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE. When you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!!!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
OK, another wipe session to clean the Mt Dew off my keyboard.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
No truer words have been spoken. Smile

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1484 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Tru' 'dat, 'yo. 'dis be what is up, my dawg. U be rollin' all up in that shizz, man.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post