SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone care to pick up on this and write the second sentence?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anyone care to pick up on this and write the second sentence? Login/Join 
posted
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
"Tokyo bay was a bitch to navigate in 1960."

"That's a great opening line for a novel." (Para)

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

posted Hide Post
"No one knew this better than Captain Earl "Squinty" Millis, and as he struggled mightily to keep his craft off the rocks, he hoped the sweat wouldn't run down into his good eye."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BlackAgnes,

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
After the disaster two years ago with the iron hauler, Millis knew another would not be tolerated. But that hadnt been his fault, and after a long drawn out investigation he was cleared, damn witch hunt aside. Still, he was one of the best, and if anyone could keep his new ship off the reefs and submerged obstacles it was him.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
The low clouds had been racing across the full moon all evening as the ship approached the harbor entrance. Just as Millis gave the order to reduce to one third throttle the rain started and the moon went dark.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Report This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Especially with a hangover so bad that it made my skin crawl. And the cause of it all, Roxanne, was sitting right next to me with a pistol barrel at the back of my head.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Little did I know she had an ulterior motive, keeping those drinks coming my way in the smoky confines of The Blue Fin. She'd planned this heist perfectly.
(I guess I'm continuing the post before me)

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
She leaned in close to Millis. "Isoide iru," she said.

"I know we're in a hurry, Roxanne, or whatever your real name is," Millis responded with sudden irritation. "You want us to get there in one piece or not? Especially with a cargo like that."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Just then, a shot. And another. And another. The last thing I remember is the OOD asking where I got the alpaca.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The alpaca tattoo, that is. It adorned the inside of my right bicep, just above a hole where they were trying to stop the bleeding.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It was a dark and stormy night, and the gloom interfered with the activities of the EMTs trying to treat the wound. They persevered, though, and eventually it was bound up properly. The removed bullet seemed too small to have caused such pain.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the EMT crew had been forced to cut Millis' bloodstained tutu off to treat the wounds, vexing him mightily, and he was taking out his ire on his First Mate. Me.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just then Millis wondered who was driving the boat.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
He hadn't even seen my over by the chart table earlier. But, hey who ever sees the Gunner's Mate Chief who is filling in for one of his guys on watch. And now I'm filling in for the helmsman...FML...three years to retirement and this shitstorm blows up...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
Even Godzilla had problems walking there, and he had big feet!

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Looking back, the ship was safer than her crew from the kabuki underway.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Suddenly, and without warning, Captain Millis awoke-it had all been a dream--Roxanne, the alpaca, the gun, and the tutu.

What was real, however, were the jagged rocks lining the approach to the pier,and the cold, dark fluid beneath the keel, which Millis had always referred to as "water". Most people did.

Determined not to let the danger overcome him, he withdrew a long Dominican cigar from his pocket, bit off the end, and lit it. This was a technique employed by many men facing insurmountable challenges, a cheap affectation which offered no real solution to his dilemma.

Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I opened the door to the bridge and there she stood with a pair of '45s. And she had a gun, too.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
The .45 she had in her hand looked fairly small, but her hands were large and her knuckles were hairy.

She ripped the Dominican cigar out of my mouth with her gaurgantuan mitts, and slowly took a drag. I then noticed her Adam's apple was the size of, well an apple. She took a deep inhale, and spoke lowly, almost in a hushed whisper, as she exhaled the smoke slowly.

She said something no man wants to hear, especially one who has been on a boat for the last 9 months.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I'm going to make you squeal like a pig......

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There's only one problem. Have you ever heard the story of one who is The Night?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post