SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Y'ever hear those stories about someone getting a bump on the head and they suddenly start speaking in a foreign language?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Y'ever hear those stories about someone getting a bump on the head and they suddenly start speaking in a foreign language? Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Polish

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am thinking Latin or ancient Greek

it would be so cool to actually be able to go to a museum and read whats on the artifacts

that would really freak out the neighbors

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Anasazi

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Italiano!

Love the language!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
The practical side of me says Spanish. The fun side says Gaelic.

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
German. I'd up and move to Dresden, get a job sweeping the floor at a watch manufactory, and drink Pils and sing UmPaPa until my very last day. Or, English. I mean proper gentlemen style where I could fool people into thinking I'm smart.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Klingon.

Lots of hot chicks cosplaying at sci-fi and comic conventions these days.

I would have put money that Klingon would have been page 1.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Russian for sure

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Aussie, mate

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
One of the Slavic tongues. The one in the middle which most people can cypher out. Great-grandmother spoke five, but they were all close

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I hit my shin on a trailer hitch, and found out I speak Tourette's naturally, and loudly.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I could hit all the dang illegals in the head and they would start speaking English.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I smacked my head on a pipe today while working on something. I started speaking in Blue.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Wish I could hit all the dang illegals in the head and they would start speaking English.
Politics.

Again

I really should have mentioned keeping politics out of this thread in my first post. If only I had done so, who could have missed it?

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Russian would be cool, but usually a knock on the hat-holder starts me speaking Sailor.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Speak Japanese almost exclusively at home and German is my longest studied language, followed by enough French to get around Paris, but have always had an interest in Italian...

Spanish would be very useful at work, as we have offices in Mexico. Had a coworker at my previous company who is in Poland. What an amazing and difficult language, i think.

How about Portuguese?

(Pulicords has something in his sig line about "the language of violence." That could be handy as well Wink )

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I'd like to speak Bendable.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Japanese and Italian.

I worked installing a kitchen for an Iranian new. His parents spoke Aramaic. I never thought I would hear the language Jesus spoke first hand.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
If you mean passably, probably Spanish.
Masterfully? English.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Japanese...I really can't say why...but it would be kool to converse in Japanese...

As a second choice...French.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post