SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Y'ever hear those stories about someone getting a bump on the head and they suddenly start speaking in a foreign language?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Y'ever hear those stories about someone getting a bump on the head and they suddenly start speaking in a foreign language? Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
Gaelic and/ or Welsh

Byddwn yn gwybod hynny hefyd ...

tac

Posts: 11314 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mathematics!

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Well, I am fluent in German, some Chinese, and a little Japanese so it would be a tossup. When I get real drunk German tends to come out.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Already fluent in German.

As for a new language, I think I would select Hebrew.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Id be happy with getting some sense knocked into me...

Id like to have touretts after a knock on the coconut.
Yell, swear... and get away with it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's a toss up for me among Chinese, Spanish, and Indian.

Just thinking about people, I'd like to talk Indian, the dot kind.

Thinking about the places I would go to speak, I'd like to talk Spanish. I wouldn't want to go to India for all the rupees in the world which would amount to $1.87.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Coherently.

I already speak bendable.

The first thing that came to mind and the Monkey beat me to the bendable comment.

I’d have to say Spanish for utility, French because I have a few ex-work friends that speak it and finally Japanese because I think it would be interesting.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Spanish

Posts: 5127 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spanish. Arabic. Know thine enemy!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Spanish. Arabic. Know thine enemy!
You're bringing politics into this thread. I wish I had thought to ask you guys to not do this. I could have put it in my first post, where you could see it.

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Gaelic. That way if I get it wrong, no one will know.

Ba mhaith liom a fhios.

tac

Mar sin beidh mé

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Gaelic and/ or Welsh

tac

Cínte

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Vietnamese. Happens to me frequently.

Toi dang o dau? Dau toi dau! An com.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Gaelic and/ or Welsh

tac

translater app says that is "we will know that too." Is that correct?

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I speak some Spanish, but to speak it fluently would be awesome.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gaelic and/ or Welsh

tac

translater app says that is "we will know that too." Is that correct?

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
If I got hit hard enough, do you think I could understand women?

Naaaah, never mind, it's not worth it.

There is no steel I-beam big enough....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Japanese or Korean.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Yosemite Sam would be it. Smile

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Jive

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post