SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Y'ever hear those stories about someone getting a bump on the head and they suddenly start speaking in a foreign language?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Y'ever hear those stories about someone getting a bump on the head and they suddenly start speaking in a foreign language? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Pawnee

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Ebonics 'n' shit

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Spanish would be the most useful around here, but from a heritage standpoint, I'd love to speak German.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow, tough choices. I'd have to think about this more but it would come down to:

1) Japanese (so I could more deeply experience the culture)
2) Hebrew or Latin or Greek (so I could read ancient texts)

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Korean, so I could read the hymnal at church.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
1) Russian, just because. Or maybe German.
2) Arabic/Farsi, the better to understand your enemies.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Fortran, or possibly Fivetran.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Klingon.

Lots of hot chicks cosplaying at sci-fi and comic conventions these days.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Coherently.

I already speak bendable.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
id probably go with latin since its the easy way to learn many languages. otherwise mandarin.

Klingon? good choice - duolingo

https://www.duolingo.com/cours...Learn-Klingon-Online

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Times New Roman

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Perfect fast Pig Latin.

But rather not get bunped in the head, no more brain scrambling for me, thank you. Smile

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Latin because no one else speaks it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Definitely Russian...I can only imagine what my wife is saying to me when she gets angry OR, maybe I really don't want to know?? Razz

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Australian English.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Sumerian would be interesting.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Id be happy with getting some sense knocked into me...

Id like to have touretts after a knock on the coconut.
Yell, swear... and get away with it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
One of those African languages where they make the clicking noises.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Gaelic and/ or Welsh

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1170 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Gaelic. That way if I get it wrong, no one will know.

Ba mhaith liom a fhios.

tac

Posts: 11321 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post