SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Y'ever hear those stories about someone getting a bump on the head and they suddenly start speaking in a foreign language?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Y'ever hear those stories about someone getting a bump on the head and they suddenly start speaking in a foreign language? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
If this happened to you, what language would you want to end up speaking?

Myself, I think I'd like to start speaking in Mandarin Chinese at ninety to nothin'.

Keep politics out of this thread, please.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Sanskrit. Perfect Sanskrit.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Mandarin. Russian close second.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Gaelic. That way if I get it wrong, no one will know.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
German, or Japanese.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Anything that would be considered speaking in tongues.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I'd go Mandarin Chinese as well.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Afroasiatic with an emphasis on Ancient Egyptian along with the written language or ancient Mayan and their ancestors along with the written language. Either would be fine as the cultures fascinate me.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Spanish, simply because I'd be able to use it on a daily basis regretfully.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
If you include the ability to read and speak, Id say Latin. Lots of ancient documents and historical items that would be interesting to read.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Astrophysics. I'd love to be able to read the chalkboards in the background of sci-fi shows.

Otherwise I'd like to know Latin.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Martian so when the new overlords come I can commiunicate

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Whatever it is the drivers speak when they try to play Language Barrier with me at work. Motherfucker, you know why you're here, you know what info I need, this isn't your first rodeo, this ain't your first rodeo with me, you were here last month, I remember, because of course I remember "Ramandeep", your name might as well just be Gay Sex, now give me the goddamned pickup number!

All that, but in like, Hindi, I guess.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Jive Wink

In all seriousness, Spanish would be the most useful for work, day to day, and vacations.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Korean

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hebrew/Aramaic so I can read the Bible in the original form.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I got hit hard enough, do you think I could understand women?

Naaaah, never mind, it's not worth it.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
For utility: Legalese, Arabic, Mandarin, or Spanish

For why the heck not: Welsh

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Canadian. So when those seal killing bastages try to invade from the north, I can scream at them to surrender, or I will fart in their general direction, 'n' stuff.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Farsi or Arabic - hopefully without accent or dialect

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post