SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Google announces no apps on Google Play involving sales of firearms or certain accessories: how is this stuff not a violation of the 2nd Amendment?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google announces no apps on Google Play involving sales of firearms or certain accessories: how is this stuff not a violation of the 2nd Amendment? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
It’s a private organization.

Except it is a private organization with a monopoly. Maybe its time they find out about the History of Bell labs.

What monopoly would that be?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Yes. The bill of rights, generally, only protects you against government interference.

I can violate your rights in any way I can.

Dat Thirteenth Amendment, tho. . .

Ain't in the traditional bill of rights. Wink

But yes, it bans all slavery.
How about domination? Big Grin

It's the 21st century: voluntary servitude is ok.

Knock yourself out, or if you have enough money, pay someone else to do it Big Grin

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

I love when you talk dirty.

From a legal standpoint, of course.

Cool Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:

Except it is a private organization with a monopoly. Maybe its time they find out about the History of Bell labs.

Search. Google can effectively make you invisible if they want.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Apps for android phones. Where do you get apps other than google store?

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Indeed. It's a monopoly.

Posts: 107571 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Exactly. And should be regulated and/or broken up.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

At some point in the next couple decades that may well happen again. A half dozen companies will be far too big and influential.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But you can get other phones from other manufacturers.

The Bell monopoly collapsed when it was allowed to attach other devices to its system.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Yes. The bill of rights, generally, only protects you against government interference.

Dat Thirteenth Amendment, tho. . .

Ain't in the traditional bill of rights. Wink

But yes, it bans all slavery.
How about domination? Big Grin

You gotta pay extra for that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Search. Google can effectively make you invisible if they want.

Microsoft Bing would argue with you on that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Google is not infringing my right to keep and bear arms.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There's a number of places. Amazon App Store, for one. There's plenty of places with varying degrees of legal or homebrew stuff, like apkmania. Some companies have their product apps available through their own website as well as GooglePlay.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post