SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Students suspended for going to gun range.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Students suspended for going to gun range. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
the principal would walk by you and totally ignore you as if you were just another piece of the furniture
I would not have been able to prevent my smart mouth from saying something like "Good morning to you, too!"

Of course, would probably lead to me reading the "Help Wanted" ads pretty quickly.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
In Nj it's "Guns Bad, Opioids Good"
Well they have both epidemics Gangsta drug related Shootings , daily and Drug OD's.
Whatta Fucked up state, led by corrupt politicians throughout.
here's the latest on the corruption in NJ:

EXCLUSIVE: Corrupt Crony of State Sen. Nick Sacco (D) got CCW Permit
Posted by Alexander Roubian 562sc on March 15, 2018 · Add your reaction
According to a recent investigation by NBC4NY, North Bergen Housing Authority Security Director Geoffrey Santini, a political crony of North Bergen mayor and state Senator Nicholas Sacco (D-32), rarely shows up for his full-time job. Santini also has a CCW permit, courtesy of North Bergen Police Chief Robert Dowd and Superior Court Judge Mitzy Galis-Menendez - who swore in Sacco as mayor in 2015. WATCH VIDEO BELOW:

Imagine that, according to NBC4NY, the security director of the North Bergen Housing Authority is a no-show job. Which begs this question - what kind of politician would give a non-law enforcement officer a full-time, no-show security job to run public housing?

That politician is North Bergen Mayor and anti-Second Amendment state Senator Nicholas Sacco (D-32). On a positive note, at least Santini is providing security for Sacco with his gas-guzzling housing authority vehicle.

While every taxpayer in New Jersey should be sick to their stomach over the NBC4NY investigation, gun owners are going to be even more disgusted with Police Chief Robert Dowd and Hudson County Superior Court Judge Mitzy Galis-Menendez.

According to documents obtained by NJ2AS, Chief Dowd, someone that promotes so-called “Justifiable Need,” and Judge Galis-Menendez, the same Judge that swore in Sacco as mayor after his reelection in 2015, approved Santini's CCW permit application.

Santini has since been put on leave due to the investigation, but that’s where things get even more disturbing. According to a follow-up report by NBC4NY, Santini apparently refused to give up his keys for the housing authority vehicle among other bizarre actions.

Apparently, Chief Dowd and Judge Galis-Menendez really know how to issue CCW permits to mentally stable people. So stable that when they get busted for corruption they won’t give back the keys to a taxpayer-funded car that was being misused.

Also, before we forget, we at NJ2AS are guessing the $400,000 taxpayer-funded “gun violence study” Senator Sacco voted for won’t include researching unstable political hacks getting concealed carry permits from corrupt politicians, police chiefs, and judges.

Unfortunately, NJ2AS members know all too well about the type of hypocrites Sacco and his friends writing and administering New Jersey’s gun laws truly are. If you've had enough of NJ’s corrupt, anti-Second Amendment politicians like Sacco, please join or donate at www.NJ2AS.org/Join as we take the fight straight to those with no regard for our constitutional rights.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
NJ where driving drunk out of your mind gets you a pass if you are a Judge.

http://www.nj.com/politics/ind...nj-homepage-featured

Drunks kill almost 600 in the state. An informal survey of county prosecutors found there were 335 homicides in the state

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
the principal would walk by you and totally ignore you as if you were just another piece of the furniture
I would not have been able to prevent my smart mouth from saying something like "Good morning to you, too!"

Of course, would probably lead to me reading the "Help Wanted" ads pretty quickly.

Oh no, after the first time it happened I started saying "hello" or other greeting every time I saw him. He talked to me only once when he thought the Drama Class I was working for the day was a little too spread out across the stage. Last time I spoke with him was the day I resigned.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest update by 101.5 Radio:
http://nj1015.com/nj-school-ch...oups-lawsuit-threat/

When reading down, the article states that Parents were notified that the language in the handbook would be updated and denied that the districts policy had been used to punish any student. Funny thing, I get cell phone and house calls concerning anything concerning the high school, delayed openings, cancellations, etc.... Never received any call on Friday from the high school.

NJ SCHOOL CHANGES GUN RULE AFTER NRA GROUP’S LAWSUIT THREAT
DAN ALEXANDER
‎March‎ ‎17‎, ‎2018
LACEY — A school district under fire from gun advocates has changed a student handbook after the state chapter of the NRA threatened a civil rights lawsuit over a rule that ostensibly prohibited students from handling guns off school grounds.
The controversy erupted this week after a Facebook post claimed that two students had been punished with detention after they shared a picture captioned "fun day at the range."
The Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, which is the New Jersey chapter of the National Rifle Association, issued its legal warning Thursday after finding a Lacey High School parent/student handbook that prohibited students from using guns not only on school grounds but at home.

Other district policy documents, however, noted that only "unlawful" weapons conduct off school grounds was subject to school discipline.
Superintendent Craig Wigley on Friday sent a message to parents saying that the language in the handbook would be updated and denied that the district's gun policy had been used to punish any student.
But the policy that Wigley cited is not the handbook rule that the gun rights group is challenging.
"No rights were violated. No student(s) has/have been disciplined/suspended under Policy 5611- removal of pupils from the general education program for weapons/firearms offenses now or since my tenure," Wigley wrote.
"The recent rumors and social media posts are not related to Policy 5611 as no student has been disciplined for violating Policy 5611. The administration appreciates the respectful feedback we have received."
Wigley's email did not directly address the students in question. He has previously declined to comment specifically on the two students citing privacy concerns. One of the students said on Facebook that he was punished for sharing the photo because it disrupted the school climate.
NJ DISTRICT BANS GUNS OFF SCHOOL GROUNDS - NRA CHAPTER MAY SUE
ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach said Wigley's statement addresses a different policy than the one cited by his group and accused the schools chief of "misdirection."
The handbook prohibited students from being "in possession of a weapon of any type for any reason or purpose whether on or off school grounds during the academic year."
"The district has its own policy but the school has its own handbook, which is different from what the district's policy is," Bach told New Jersey 101.5 on Saturday. "So for the superintendent to point to a different policy, not the one at issue, and saying nobody was punished under that is very disingenuous."
Bach said the handbook has since been "quietly rewritten." He provided full copies of the handbooks to New Jersey 101.5. The revised version is now on the high school website.

Original handbook language cited by ANJRPC.

The revised handbook removes language that indicated that even lawful weapons possession of school grounds was prohibited.
Wigley acknowledged the need for a revision in his email to parents.
"Representatives of the student body and Mr. Brandis, high school principal, have brought to my attention concerns regarding language contained in the high school handbook. There has been confusion regarding the intent of this language. Please be rest assured that we are in the process of clarifying this language in a manner that would be consistent with district Policy 5611."
Bach said the ANJROC lawsuit threat remained on the table and said the policy as it appeared in the handbook violates the First and Second Amendments.
"The students need to have their record cleared and the need to be apologized to and the school needs to never do this again. If we're forced to sue, we will. But if they do the right thing that won't be necessary," Bach said.
Wigley could not be reached for comment Saturday morning.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I just read the student handbook. The policy has been changed from what it said 2 days ago. Now there is no mention of using legal firearms outside of school grounds.

Living the Dream

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Isn't that kinda closing the barn door after all the horses are already gone?? Have the 2 yutes been admitted back to school with the charges FULLY expunged and a FULL apology rendered?? If not, nothing has changed with respect to the students' 1st and 2nd Amendment rights...proceed with law suit.

This is a PRIME example of why the 2nd Amendment exists in the first place, except you wouldn't think you'd have to enforce it down to the level of a school district. Jeezus...this country is really headed for a battle.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I don't care what actions the school took to "remedy" the situation and try to enact damage control, they would be sued into the fetal position.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15550 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Recent follow-up:
Gun-rights group plans recall in Lacey
Amanda Oglesby Asbury Park Press USA TODAY NETWORK - NEW JERSEY
LACEY – Gun-rights advocates, on edge after two firearms-admiring students were disciplined, are looking to remake Lacey’s Board of Education.
Lacey residents Amanda Buron, Frank Horvath and Valerie Jones recently filed a notice of intention to recall board member Linda Downing. They also are looking to dump two other members of the seven- member board, along with the school board attorney.
“In her more than two decades in office, Linda Downing has shirked her duties as a board member to exercise proper oversight of Lacey School District policies and fiscal affairs,” the three wrote in their notice of intention, which was filed with the Ocean County Clerk’s Office last week.
Downing, 67, did not return calls from a reporter.
To recall Downing, the committee must first have their petition format approved by the county clerk’s office. Committee members then must obtain signatures from at least 25 percent of the registered voters in Lacey, or 5,022 signatures, within 160 days.
If the committee’s petition is successful, a recall election would be held. Downing could face off against one or more challengers for her position on the board.
Buron, 43, said the recall stemmed from an incident where two high school students were punished after posting “a non-threatening photo of firearms equipment” on social media while at a gun range.
The school denied having punished any students under its weapon policy, but gun-rights groups condemned the action, saying school administrators violated the students’ First and Second Amendment rights. School officials said they could not discuss details of the incident because of students’ privacy.
Gun rights advocates told the Asbury Park Press that the parents were not speaking publicly to protect their children’s privacy.
The notice of intention to recall Downing claimed she “contributed to a climate within the district where the First and Second Amendment rights of students are repeatedly violated, specifically the extreme and outrageous punishments given to students who did nothing more than lawfully use firearms as posted on their social media.”
The controversy inspired hundreds of Lacey residents and gun-rights advocates to attend Lacey’s school board meeting last week.
Buron said Downing was chosen for the recall because she is the longest-serving member of the Lacey school board. Downing worked as a principal in Toms River Regional Schools before she retired in 2014.
Buron, Horvath and Jones also are targeting board attorney Christopher Supsie, who they say called parents a “chicken gallery” during the meeting.
Buron said the group also would be working to replace board President Robert Klaus II and board member David Silletti in the November election. Both Klaus’ and Silletti’s terms expire at the end of the year.
Amanda Oglesby: @OglesbyAPP; 732-557-5701; aoglesby
Copyright © 2018 Asbury Park Press. All rights reserved.Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. (Updated June 7, 2005)
http://asburyparkpress.nj.news...ype=paid_subscriber&

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
I had it made in my senior year in High School. I was ROTC Cadet Colonel and a Corporal in the NMNG. I could check out a Remington .22 target rifle at High School and drive out to the National Guard armory to punch holes in targets. One day I pulled the trigger on one of the rifles and the .22 caliber bullet smacked me in the forehead. No one had emptied the bullet trap (I should have) so when the bullet passed through the target it ricocheted and hit me in the forehead. From then on I emptied the bullet trap when I arrived at the Armory and before I departed.

That was a lot of fun, but not near as much fun as shooting at target aircraft on the Orogrande firing range using Quad .50s.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The Uniparty is teeming with would-be totalitarians. They seem to think we are ready to hand over personal liberty and buckle to their complete control.

They are wrong.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post