SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Students suspended for going to gun range.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Students suspended for going to gun range. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Their attorney is going to have some serious fun! How can a school system dictate it's students behavior off school property? Fucking Hilary "It takes a village" shit!

RMD

These commies are living in an alternate reality. They think the Beast is POTUS. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I remember being in elementary school and taking NRA class and shooting at summer camp, I'd bring targets and certificates. I would tell my classmates about becoming a Marksman then a sharpshooter. I'd brag about my .22 to my classmates, I was even allowed to keep it in my room.

I can't imagine what would happen to me if the same were true today. I'd probably be expelled and police called on me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Some background. I know the name Lacey sounds a little funny, but here is where the name comes from.

The township was named for Revolutionary War brigadier general John Lacey, who developed Ferrago Forge in 1809.

Used to kick Lacey's butt every single time we played them on the football field. And they actually had a pretty good team. Thing is we were just that dang good. Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I remember being in elementary school and taking NRA class and shooting at summer camp, I'd bring targets and certificates. I would tell my classmates about becoming a Marksman then a sharpshooter. I'd brag about my .22 to my classmates, I was even allowed to keep it in my room.

I can't imagine what would happen to me if the same were true today. I'd probably be expelled and police called on me.

Straight up Guantanamo for you these days...

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
In NJ, the commies are reality. Don't expect the state courts to back the kid. It will have to get into federal court before they MIGHT get some traction.

And even if they win, don't expect them to get any money out of it, The best they'll get is an injunction blocking the suspension, which, by the time it might happen, the kids will probably be in there 20s.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Their attorney is going to have some serious fun! How can a school system dictate it's students behavior off school property? Fucking Hilary "It takes a village" shit!

RMD

These commies are living in an alternate reality. They think the Beast is POTUS. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
It would be nice if the gun owners would do something. At a minimum every gun owner within a hundred miles of the school could be in the parking lot protesting the suspensions.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The NRA should award them a scholarship!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

In 7th grade I took Hunter Safety at the school DURING school hours.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here comes the pendulum boys. They've now gone full potato.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U.S. Code Section 1983

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress.

Looks like it would apply to me, deprivation of 1st amendment and 2nd amendment rights, denial of due process, etc.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
The NRA should award them a scholarship!

to a private school

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Gun Group Wants Suspended Students Be Allowed To Return To Class
The suspensions are a clear violation of the First and Second Amendments, gun group attorney says
By Patricia A. Miller, Patch Staff | Mar 16, 2018 4:31 pm ET
Gun Group Wants Suspended Students Be Allowed To Return To Class
LACEY TOWNSHIP, NJ - The Lacey Township School District's suspension of two high school students because they posted pictures of themselves online posing with guns at a private rifle range violates both the First and Second Amendments, says the attorney representing a New Jersey gun organization association.

Suspending the two boys because they posted the picture - which was taken off school grounds and unrelated to school activities on Snapchat - was a "very serious violation" of their rights, said attorney Daniel L. Schmutter.

And the organization - the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs - is prepared to sue the district if the suspensions are not rescinded and the district apologizes to the students and their families, he said in a recent letter to Superintendent Craig Wigley and Principal Gregory Brandis.

"We hope they will do the right thing," Schmutter said.

The boys have been in school this past week, but have not been allowed in class. They are both straight-A students who take some advanced placement courses, he said.

Subscribe
"These are top-quality kids," Schumuter said. "It's astonishing what they have done to these kids."

The Lacey school district follows the Safe Schools Initiative, the Zero Tolerance for Guns Act and the district's own zero-tolerance policy for any students who have weapons in their possession, on or off school grounds.

The possible penalties include long-term suspension, evaluation by the high school Child Study Team and possibly a recommendation to the Board of Education for an one-year suspension, the letter states.

When asked about recent reports on Facebook about the students' suspension, Superintendent Craig Wigley said social media reports were untrue and that he didn't comment on student matters.
https://patch.com/new-jersey/l...allowed-return-class

This group along with the NRA has Filed suit against NJ"justifiable Need" Laws

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
From the attorney's letter: "Be guided accordingly."

I like that line. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
WTF. What right does a school have to dictate what you do off school property?

I hope they pay dearly. ASSWIPES!!!

Here in good old WNY (well better than the southern end) Our school still has a trap club Razz Cool

When I was in high school, back in the early '50s, the school gave us a week off (with parental request) to go big game hunting! And it was not unusual to see long guns hung in the back window of pickup trucks, either!

Seriously, I too hope these kids end up with so much law suit money that they, or the next 5 generations of their kids never have to do a lick of work!

I'll see your "early 50s" and raise you a "mid 80s," in California no less. Guns, in cars/trucks, in the parking lot, on school grounds.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
A funny thing about this is that I work for the County Vocational high schools. When I have Lacey kids in my classes, and ask them their reaction, none of them are aware of this. I can work in any of the 7 high schools in any given week. This week I only had 4 Lacey Kids so I wouldn't call this a poll. Some of the kids are "share time" which means I have them for 2 1/2 hours a day, others are full time school day.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
WTF. What right does a school have to dictate what you do off school property?

I hope they pay dearly. ASSWIPES!!!

Here in good old WNY (well better than the southern end) Our school still has a trap club Razz Cool

When I was in high school, back in the early '50s, the school gave us a week off (with parental request) to go big game hunting! And it was not unusual to see long guns hung in the back window of pickup trucks, either!

Seriously, I too hope these kids end up with so much law suit money that they, or the next 5 generations of their kids never have to do a lick of work!

I was in high school in the late 60's early 70's and it was normal to have a shotgun hanging in your truck during hunting season. Back then we didn't worry about it being stolen.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
who have weapons in their possession, on or off school grounds.

Why should they be able to dictate what any student does when they are off school grounds. That smacks of dictatorship.

No company or entity of any kind should have the right to tell anyone else what they can or can't do when they are not on their property or off the clock.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I have shot trap and one of the boys was in my group of 5. It was 2-3 years ago. He was shooting 24/25 every round. His parents were always there (he didn't drive too young). I worked for the principal of that high school. We had to work hall duty for half of our prep period. You would be the only person in the hallway sitting at your desk and the principal would walk by you and totally ignore you as if you were just another piece of the furniture. I said from the first day I saw him that he dressed like a Wall Street Banker and looked out of place. He did graduate from this same high school years ago.

Living the Dream

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Maybe someone should also contact the ACLU? That could make for strange bedfellows..........

Pointless. The ACLU does not believe the 2nd Amendment affirms an individual right, so they decline to defend those exercising their rights thereunder.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
When I was in high school back in the 80’s, for Speech class, I did a presentation of how to reload shotgun shells. I even reloaded a few boxes for my trigonometry/gym teacher to shoot doves with....Coach Lipscomb.

We have gone a long way in the other direction my friends.

Yes. Clear violation of their first and second amendment rights.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post