SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Presidential Emergency Alert beep beep beep
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Presidential Emergency Alert beep beep beep Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Severity-Extreme
Urgency-Immediate
Response Type-Monitor
alert Category-Safety
Certainty-Likely

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Nothing on my phone out here in the SF Bay Area.

Trump wrote off California so I'm sure he doesn't give a shit. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Donald reached out me in the Yoop while I was in Burger King.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt our program of dance music to bring you a special bulletin from the Intercontinental Radio News. At twenty minutes before eight, central time, Professor Farrell of the Mount Jennings Observatory, Chicago, Illinois, reports observing several explosions of incandescent gas, occurring at regular intervals on the planet Mars. 

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Did the Ruskies land?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were in the same place at the time. She got the message, I did not. Therefore, Trump likes my wife, but not meSmile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Thought this was going to be a Randy Newman thread. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
Sort of long, but cool to listen to:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/In5xpvaF2so" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

When the alert came through today I found myself wondering what would happen if somebody hacked that system and sent out something like "NORAD has just detected 1800 incoming Russian ICBMs."

A population boom about 40-42 weeks later.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I was in a classroom and thought it was a fire or lockdown drill until one of the students said it was an Amber Alert.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Attack plan R.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Attack plan R.

Right about now in a B-52, Maj. Kong and the boys are about to go toe-to-toe nuclear combat with the Rooskies

:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Two guys in my shop didn’t get it. But I got it three times.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I was in Best Buy. It sounded like the world was ending.

I was driving by myself and it scared the crap out of me as I have my phone connected to my audio system for music and got the blaring emergency alert out of nowhere. I wondered how many people got it at the exact same time just as you described being in a store and everyone’s phone went off at the same time with the alert.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The Donald reached out me in the Yoop while I was in Burger King.

Well, The Donald was concerned about your intake of Double Whoppers....Or so I've heard...(Three?? Really??)

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Liberal wimmin be crazy

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I didn't get a message. Of course, my flip phone was turned off, so that probably is the reason.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I didn't open this thread yesterday, because I though it was just some kind of joke, and that's because of the vague and ambiguous subject line.

So, what do you figure, guys? How many more times will I have to say this before it sinks in? Five thousand times?

Clear subject lines. Clear and unambiguous subject lines. Tell members what your thread is about BEFORE they open it. BEFORE they open it.

Clarity over cleverness, please. First and foremost, be clear. If you can be clever while first being clear, more power to you, but first and foremost, be CLEAR.

"Beep beep beep" does not come even close to being clear. It's not even in the same galaxy as clear.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post