SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Presidential Emergency Alert beep beep beep
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Presidential Emergency Alert beep beep beep Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
Emergency
Emergency

(This is a test)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Copy That.

Got it one my ATT phone, the Wife's Verizon phone and my Charter service TV all at exactly the same time.
Guess it worked.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I got it here in Philadelphia. But my wife out in Utah had nothing on her phone.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
john has a mustache Repeat: John has a mustache

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My plan to be in the grid but not in the grid is working. No text.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
It was on my screen with a time stamp of 2:18pm as advertised. However, I didn't see it until 3:49pm since I was mowing the weeds/grass at 2:18pm. Smile

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I was in Best Buy. It sounded like the world was ending.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
John's mustache was hair.
Now it's a chair.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Prepare to receive a message in 14 parts......

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
john has a mustache Repeat: John has a mustache

You can't bring up "Jean has a long moustache" without mentioning 'wound my heart with a monotonous languor'.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sort of long, but cool to listen to:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Both my business and personal phones received the test message

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
But my wife out in Utah had nothing on her phone.

Trump doesn’t like Mormons Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4574 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was funny to watch all the construction workers check there phone at the same time! Think of all the productivity lost!

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/In5xpvaF2so" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

When the alert came through today I found myself wondering what would happen if somebody hacked that system and sent out something like "NORAD has just detected 1800 incoming Russian ICBMs."

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/In5xpvaF2so" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

When the alert came through today I found myself wondering what would happen if somebody hacked that system and sent out something like "NORAD has just detected 1800 incoming Russian ICBMs."

Just look back at Hawaii.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Nothing on my phone out here in the SF Bay Area.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3476 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post