SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Motorcyclists: Delkevic mufflers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motorcyclists: Delkevic mufflers Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Any experience?
Apparently a new US company, based in CO.
Reviews range online from great to horrible.
I'm looking for a slip-on for my 2012 NC700X.
http://www.delkevic.us/index.p...0NC700X%20(2011-2015)

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slip on almost most of them are for looks, won't do anything at all. Depening on what you want if you want at horse power or sound you will be disappointed.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chem Geek
posted Hide Post
They are incredibly loud.

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.

Posts: 2451 | Location: Riverview, FL | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skyline009:
Slip on almost most of them are for looks, won't do anything at all. Depening on what you want if you want at horse power or sound you will be disappointed.

I understand about slip-ons. It's an asthethic thing mostly, then sound, then weight.
My NC700x is rated @ ~50hp, I'm not looking to turn it into a MotoGP racer. But I am looking for a little bit throatier sound from the bike.

And Chemgeek, "loud" is subjective. I don't want open pipes, but a step or three up from "muffled Sewing Machine" would be nice.

This company came up in a search, the company appears to be US based, and the price point was SO much less, I thought I'd seek out first hand experience. Get what you pay for, & all that...

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chem Geek:
They are incredibly loud.
And ugly.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I have a set of short, slash cut carbon Delkevic mufflers for my 2014 Ninja 1000. Pretty nice for the price. Got lots of compliments on them. Their welds aren't the prettiest and had some bronze-ish coloration (don't think it's rust as it hasn't got worse, don't know anything about welding). Not that loud IMO (N1000 has a huge box underneath. IIRC it's called a "pre-exhaust chamber" or some such, I suspect this has some effect on volume as well as catalytic converting).

Had to remove them as they were not compatible with the QD hard bags I added later.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post