SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Police body cam video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police body cam video Login/Join 
posted
I do not see a problem here. I am sure there are other Sig Forum members who have had guns pointed at them by LEO over the course of their lifetimes. Thoughts?

http://wgntv.com/2017/04/26/vi...-gunpoint-by-police/

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I don't see the problem either, and have been held at gunpoint by the police several times.

It's not like he was just driving around, minding his own business, saw some kids, and decided to lay them out on the sidewalk. They had a report of somebody being armed, and responded to it. They didn't shoot anybody, and once it was determined they were not who was being looked for, were allowed on their way.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15715 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They matched the description of who they were looking for, they held them, everything checked out, they let them go. Nothing to see here.

Of course now some officer will get killed because they will make them not draw on a minor and some thug will take advantage of that.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I have had guns drawn on me twice in my early twenties.

You hold your hands out the window of the car and you do what you are told to do.

No problem.

Oh don’t forget to say yes sir after the command.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Hell, I'm the police and I've been held at gunpoint by the police. If they have reason to believe someone might be armed and no one is shot who didn't need to be shot, where is the problem?

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm not an LEO, but when I was an elementary school principal, I took loaded guns off elementary school students on two different occasions.

I see nothing wrong with what the cop n the video did if the kids fit the description.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I've only ever had Guns "drawn" on me by drug addicts as I'm getting off the train in my 20s. That's why I'm here actually!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post