SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A word to the wise is sufficient
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A word to the wise is sufficient Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I once went to a military match:

permissive orders-check,

rifle-check,

ammo (crate of the same lot NM)-check,

sling-check

jacket-check

rifle mat-check

DAMN no mags-crap

beg several from other shooters

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
I have several 226s, all in .357 sig except one in .40. As we know, the magazines work for both rounds. So I pre-loaded a bunch with both cartridges and everything was going fine until I got complacent and put the mag with 40s into the wrong gun.

Lesson learned. Now the mags are clearly marked. Not sure what would have happened if I had put the mag with the 357s into the 40 gun and fired off a round.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post