SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm looking for an insulated tumbler, made in America
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm looking for an insulated tumbler, made in America Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Did we determine that "Liberty" does not make one?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We're talking about a couple of extrusions soldered together, and America just can't seem to handle such complicted shit any more, at least not unless we want tumblers that cost 9,000 bucks apiece, huh? Roll Eyes

Yes, soooooo complicated. Perhaps we can have someone steal China's secret tumbler construction plans.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I found a new manufacturer NORCHILL located in Orlando, FL. I couldn't find where their products were made but they do have an insulated lid.

https://www.norchillcoolers.co...-2017-catalog-v2.pdf

Coleman was the first I know of that made stainless steel vacuum insulated 12 ounce coffee cups back in the 1990's. Over time, the vacuum leaked out so they stopped making them. They recently listed a new coffee cup which is about $20.

It is speculated that the vacuum cleaner manufacturers were stealing the vacuum for use in their vacuum cleaners according to V-tail. Big Grin Big Grin

Manufacturers today design something and then look for the lowest cost producer which is usually China due to the low labor costs. I think we are out of luck finding any of these products made in USA.

Since they are located at 6881 Kingspointe Parkway, Ste 8, Orlando, Florida 32819, maybe one of the members could stop by and ask them where their products are made?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, soooooo complicated. Perhaps we can have someone steal China's secret tumbler construction plans.

I imagine the design was done here. It you look at some of the utube videos, some of the tumblers have a copper coating on the back side and the bottoms on some are a aluminum cover.

China has been stealing our technology for a long time and President Trump is changing that. If you look at some of the Fox News interviews concerning manufacturer agreements with China, you can see why. Here is a recent video of the car business involving South Korea:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...8001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe Yeti is still made here.

Scroll down to where they are made, the coolers are made in the USA but all the Rambler Tumblers are made in China...

Link

WHERE ARE YETI PRODUCTS MANUFACTURED?
Our Tundra coolers are manufactured in the USA at facilities located in Minnesota and Wisconsin as well as at a facility located in the Philippines. Our Hopper coolers, Panga duffels, and Rambler drinkware are manufactured in China. The LoadOut 5 gallon bucket is manufactured in South Carolina.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:
The LoadOut 5 gallon bucket is manufactured in South Carolina.

There is the tell right there. A very nice 5 gallon bucket, only $39.99

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

China has been stealing our technology for a long time and President Trump is changing that. If you look at some of the Fox News interviews concerning manufacturer agreements with China, you can see why. Here is a recent video of the car business involving South Korea:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...8001/?#sp=show-clips
Oh, joy! Politics! Thanks ever so much for interjecting this into my thread!! Oh, it just makes my freaking day!!!

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post