SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wordpress wise men, a simple question ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordpress wise men, a simple question ... Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Hi,

Someone at work is building three different websites for my company with Wordpress and stated today that each site MUST have a contact email account that necessarily belongs to each webpage domain (one for each website).
They want 3 sites because of different types of customers. We provide cold storage for drugs, food, etc.

On my end, all email requests will land on the same email client - computer and will be handled by a single person.

To make things easy, I suggested a single incoming email account for all sites. Got rebuted because allegedly Wordpress will not handle accounts with domains other than the
webpage one.

Smells like BS to me. Why would WP be so picky and nosy?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I've got five sites. I am a single user with five sites. All emails flow to one email address.

I can spice it up quite a bit with alias addresses, like woodman @ american toolbox .com or DONATE @ american toolbox .com but they all forward to a single gmail account I use.

The easiest way to build three sites is using a single WP user and adding accounts.

If they are setting up three independent WP users, it is more of a struggle to switch between sites. That ay be the issue of different email accounts.

I can easily switch between any of my five sites. There is a drop-down toggle in the upper left corner when logged in.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I use a contact form plugin that allows me to use any email address I'd like.

Even if you did have to use different email addresses they can all be forwarded to one single email address at the server. I have over 80 email addresses that forward to 5.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Larger pic is,that there is another consultant at the company that loves to pretend I'm his subordinate or something like that, He starts things in my line of work without even asking me and eventually dumps his mess on my lap,

I was unaware we had three domains, web projects and such until I was,told to create a bunch of emails for them.

Then I,started asking, why I,was doing it and an,overcomplicated disaster started to unravel. Eventually I,convinced the powers,that be that it was,insane and did not make a bit of sense so all,the fingers pointed in,his direction and he backed off and dismissed the original argument but finished by saying that each webpage MUST have its own,domain gied emai,account...

Smells like all his other contributions Cool

Will be a pleasure to torpedo his statement at the first opportunity.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Google mail for business (G-suite) allows "aliases"...distinct email addresses that are associated with a single email account and are directed to only that one. Not sure if its just built in forwarding, which is easy to set up in google as well.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post