SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    when your faucet springs a leak on Easter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

when your faucet springs a leak on Easter Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
and you don't have the patients to lay on your back and remove rusty parts Smile wife is pretty happy now.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
You don't have the patients so you made some w/ a sawzall? That's no way to operate. Wink

Final product looks good.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
One of the best brands of tools around ! Eats anything you put in front of it.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Mine sprung a leak this morning. Didn't use a Sawzall...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My garage door broke a cable today. 70+ tomorrow, I need to make a 70 mile trip and I can't get the bike out now.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Obviously she wanted a new faucet. They do make replacement seals and cartridges to stop leaks. Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
With all the new battery models on the market, I still love the heavy duty model electric Sawzall. One in its box, almost new sold for $45.00 at todays Flea Market. I tried to convince my friend Joe to buy it. He didnt.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't you still have to go under to unscrew the base and lines anyways?

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

Yes, but the center line nut was rusty and just a bitch to get to and the wife wanted a new one so why fight it Smile

The new one was so easy to install they really have come along way in helping out the do it yourselfer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

Yes, but the center line bolt was rusty and just a bitch to get to and the wife wanted a new one so why fight it Smile

The new one was so easy to install they really have come along way in helping out the do it yourselfer.

I've done the same thing. The water lines were easy to get off, but the nut holding the faucet on was corroded on solid. Good job getting it off and the new one looks great.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Sawzalls work removing toilet seats as well. If you're not picky about etching up the porcelain a little. When a friend was an apprentice plumber, sent into a retirement home to replace 200 toilet seats, he was going with the Sawzall by the 2nd one ... Big Grin

When the nuts are on 8" centers, you have to cut above the rubber plate seal; in the old days, before that gasket became common, all faucets set on a bed of plumbers putty; no room to cheat a blade into there.

Hollow shaft nut drivers with Channellocks on them will work; as no plumber would happen to be carrying the right extra-deep socket and ratchet.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give me a saws all and I’ll be a patient.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post