SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Southwest Border Migration - 2018 stats
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southwest Border Migration - 2018 stats Login/Join 
posted
I saw this webpage on cbp.gov website. It includes a chart showing the number of apprehensions for the last 5 years. The numbers get your attention if you didn’t already know how bad the problem is. While 2017 showed a dramatic drop in numbers the activity has increased significantly in 2018! I wonder why.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/s.../sw-border-migration

On the same webpage are reports on the number of deaths and ‘migrants in distress’ calls that occur as they try to cross the border into our country during record high temps. Recently, 21 adults, including 1 pregnant women, and 36 kids, including a 1 year old toddler, were rescued in the Arizona desert. They called 911 for assistance.

So far thru May 2018 in the RGV valley in Texas 57 deaths have been recorded. And this doesn’t include the upcoming months with record high temps in the valley. Similar to Arizona, those in distress simply call 911 or we get referrals from Mexico’s authorities.

To say that we need a border wall is an understatement.

Drugs and illegals coming into this country via panga boats and ultralight aircraft is yet another issue we have to deal with. We are way to lax in our treatment of these invaders/immigrants. And especially on the the drug runners. They need to be put to death.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Numbers are pretty remarkable. Any estimates out there of ratio of how many are stopped vs. missed?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12416 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Numbers are pretty remarkable. Any estimates out there of ratio of how many are stopped vs. missed?

I haven’t seen any estimates on numbers missed but I bet it’s high. Regardless, once those that get caught have set foot on our soil, they have constitutional protections that prevents us from just turning them away. So say Judge Napolitano.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember a report that came out around 2012(?) about the southern border. It's titled A Line in the Sand: Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Barder. I don't know if there has been another report out like this. But, I found this on page 27 pretty interesting:

quote:
The number of aliens other than Mexican {“OTMs”) illegally crossing the border has grown at an alarming rate over the past several years. Based on U.S. Border Patrol statistics there were 30,147 OTMs apprehended in FY2003, 44,614 in FY2004, 165,178 in FY2005, and 108,025 in FY2006. Most of them were apprehended along the U.S. Southwest border.

The report can be found at the link below.

https://homeland.house.gov/pre...aul-releases-report/

Posts: 589 | Location: Alexandria, LA | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post