SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prince Charles is 'infatuated' with squirrels, keeps 'nuts in his pockets'
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prince Charles is 'infatuated' with squirrels, keeps 'nuts in his pockets' Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Long live the Queen Roll Eyes

He’s nuts for them!

Prince William has revealed that his father, Prince Charles, is absolutely obsessed with a certain type of squirrel.

“He is completely infatuated by the red squirrels that live around the [Birkhall] estate in Scotland,” Prince William told Country Life in a special edition of the British weekly guest-edited by Prince Charles himself.

He added that the Prince of Whales likes them, “to the extent that he’s given them names and is allowing them into the house.”

Prince Charles, who celebrated his 70th birthday Wednesday, noted that the rodents are “incredibly special creatures.”

“They come into the house at Birkhall and we get them chasing each other round and round inside,” he said. “If I sit there quietly, they will do so around me.”

He added, “Sometimes when I leave my jackets on a chair with nuts in the pockets, I see them with their tails sticking out, as they hunt for nuts.”

The heir apparent has long been an advocate for the environment, frequently speaking about conservation and climate change, and has even admitted that he talks to his plants, according to Time.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...-nuts-in-his-pockets

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Jesus, what a goofy fucker. Roll Eyes

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Nuts... Yeah.

He's nuttier than the squirrel poop

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
the Prince of Whales likes them

I admit I do not know all of his titles. This is a new one to me, and to him, I suspect. Big Grin

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:

I admit I do not know all of his titles. This is a new one to me, and to him, I suspect. Big Grin

Goodness. Come on, Fox. Don't they use editors anymore?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

Goodness. Come on, Fox. Don't they use editors anymore?

I feel like we need to apologize to Tacfoley and the rest of the people of the UK. Wales has been around a long time. If you are going to report about someone, at least get their names and titles correct.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Jesus, what a goofy fucker. Roll Eyes

LOL

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The Far Side pretty much sums the real world up Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What would you expect from a guy, who reportedly has his shoelaces ironed.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I like to watch squirrels from time-to-time too, but I'll be damned if they're getting anywhere near my nuts!

Posts: 6458 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, he's happier than most, I would guess. The real world does not intrude upon him. The advantages of a royal existence, eh, wot?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
What would you expect from a guy, who reportedly has his shoelaces ironed.

Thanks a lot. I now have a new project for the weekend. But, at least, unlike Prince Charlie, I will experience the satisfaction of ironing my shoelaces myself!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I watched a 60 Minutes TV magazine rerun featuring the Royal red squirrels. Seems the aggressive gray squirrels were taking over and driving the meeker native red squirrels to extinction. I can understand Charles identifying with the reds. The Royals hired a game keeper to shoot the gray squirrels. Cool to see him in his gamekeeper gear creeping around the grounds with a scoped, silenced .22 rifle. If you go to the Balmoral website, they have a squirrel cam (just for the reds, you know).

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
He acts like he's in a Monty Python skit.

Maybe Chuckie should just look around and see how the royalty has been doing for the last several hundred years or so. The Romanoff's? The Hapsburgs? Louis XVI and Marie? Even his namesake, Charles I. If I were he, maybe I'd try to show my ass a little less often...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can hear my ex wife's Irish family saying: "This proves these fookin' Brits are nuts".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mad dogs and Englishmen..... Razz

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My ex-wife used to speak French to the squirrels in the neighborhood.

Sadly, I am not joking.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll be the odd man out. Other than talking to plants, I don't understand where the scorn is coming from. I'm an animal lover myself. I love to sit in the yard and watch them. I think that a deeper appreciation of them comes with age and wisdom.

I'll start a new thread soon to show off the new house I built my feral cat. Many of you are going to think I'm completely out of my mind Big Grin

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

"If Microsoft Word doesn't make a red line underneath, that means is good.", - My stepdaughters

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post