SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Intrusion Suspect Picks Wrong Home, Awakes Federal Agent, Gets Shot Dead
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intrusion Suspect Picks Wrong Home, Awakes Federal Agent, Gets Shot Dead Login/Join 
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Certainly he was turning his life around. I’m sure his broken family will be along shortly to say so. Now he can go try to break into those pearly gates and see how that works for him.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, she shot him several times, so... Razz

He could not fall fast enough to avoid the excess rounds. Razz

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
Robert Young III

Two thoughts.
1. I wonder what Robert Young I and Robert Young II were like?
2. Is there a Robert Young IV preparing to follow in poppa’s footsteps?

"Father Knows Best"

...or maybe not.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Where's Marcus Welby when you need him?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
If this were more common, burglars would be less common.

TYCO

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Where's Marcus Welby when you need him?

Definitely not in the same house with Raylan Givens.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The .40 is not dead. But Robert III is.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
One neighbor said, “(I was) a bit surprised, a bit shocked, but you know, it’s a very quiet neighborhood around here, Well, it is Miami, so it can happen, but not in this neighborhood. This tends to happen in other neighborhoods. But this area has scared me always a bit because we’re so close to U.S. 1, so it’s a quick getaway.”

Never understood why people think things like this can't happen in their neighborhood. People in the "safe" neighborhoods end up not locking their doors, leave their garage doors open, are less aware of their surroundings, etc.

If I'm a criminal, I'm thinking to target those areas because people let their guard down there. They don't think it can happen there. That and the fact that people there probably have more valuable things to steal than people who live in the hood.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm no coroner but I'm guessing he was shot by every bullet that hit him

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
This is a real sad lose. Think of how many taxpayers dollars is going to waste looking into this matter, and having from all accounts a great officer sitting from her job. Let her go back to doing what she does best.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Bob Died! Young III needs a new middle name.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
Robert Young III

Two thoughts.
1. I wonder what Robert Young I and Robert Young II were like?
2. Is there a Robert Young IV preparing to follow in poppa’s footsteps?
Following normal rules of naming, successive Roman numerals don't necessarily imply father-son relationships. A son with the same name as his father is usually designated "Jr." and the father "Sr."; a "II" is someone not in the direct line with the same name (a nephew, perhaps), and a "III" is just the third person with that name, no matter how related. I think "I" is only used if the first person with the name did not have a son with the same name. Although not obvious, it is possible to have both a "Jr." and a "II" if the "II" is born before the "Jr." is.

Of course, not everyone uses the normal rules for naming.

On point, one does wonder if there are other men in the family with similar ideas.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Knowing the prediliction that certain elements of the population have for unusual names, it would not surprise me overly to discover that 'III' may well appear on his birth certificate.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
The .40 is not dead. But Robert III is.

Looks like he is just around the Coroner.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I hope he saw who shot him and was conscious long enough to realize what happened.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Hopefully the mag was emptied into the killified perpetrator. If their issue ammo is Federal HST, that .40 S&W had to hurt like a muthuh! Happy ending.....

I can hear the family now complain of injustice, that multiple shots were not necessary.

Hit him in the right knee! Hit him in the Left knee! Hit him in the weenee, weenee, we need a touchdown!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:...Hit him in the right knee! Hit him in the Left knee! Hit him in the weenee, weenee, we need a touchdown!

I think I remember a high school football cheer, something like Ra ra ree, hit him in the knee. Ra ra rass, hit him in the other knee. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:...Hit him in the right knee! Hit him in the Left knee! Hit him in the weenee, weenee, we need a touchdown!

I think I remember a high school football cheer, something like Ra ra ree, hit him in the knee. Ra ra rass, hit him in the other knee. Smile

lol I remember that one too. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
"A police spokesman says there's no immediate indication that Young targeted Otero. Young has a lengthy criminal history, including a 2013 grand theft conviction."

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DetonicsMk6:
"A police spokesman says there's no immediate indication that Young targeted Otero.

That's as maybe, but she sure as hell targetted HIM.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post