SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Intrusion Suspect Picks Wrong Home, Awakes Federal Agent, Gets Shot Dead
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intrusion Suspect Picks Wrong Home, Awakes Federal Agent, Gets Shot Dead Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Another happy ending Cool

A home intrusion suspect was shot dead in Pinecrest, Florida, on Monday after breaking into the home of a federal agent who was able to quickly grab her gun.

ABC News reports that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agent, 55-year-old Maria Otero, was sleeping when “28-year-old Robert Young III smashed in a glass sliding door” around 1:30 a.m.

According to Local 10 News, Otero “fired several shots” at Young, killing him on the scene. Police did not report how many times Young was shot.

CBP confirmed that Otero used her government-issued sidearm, a “.40 caliber Smith & Wesson.”

Although Otero’s neighbors were surprised at the intrusion, they also admitted to worrying that the location of the neighborhood made such an incident likely. One neighbor said, “(I was) a bit surprised, a bit shocked, but you know, it’s a very quiet neighborhood around here, Well, it is Miami, so it can happen, but not in this neighborhood. This tends to happen in other neighborhoods. But this area has scared me always a bit because we’re so close to U.S. 1, so it’s a quick getaway.”

Otero is on administrative leave pending completion of an investigation into the incident.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...al-agent-dies-scene/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Police did not report how many times Young was shot. ...

Enough.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love happy endings like this.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the mag was emptied into the killified perpetrator. If their issue ammo is Federal HST, that .40 S&W had to hurt like a muthuh! Happy ending.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Hopefully the mag was emptied into the killified perpetrator. If their issue ammo is Federal HST, that .40 S&W had to hurt like a muthuh! Happy ending.....

I can hear the family now complain of injustice, that multiple shots were not necessary.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
...Police did not report how many times Young was shot. ...

Enough.

#WINNING

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Perfect outcome. Saved us all 30 years of incarceration costs!!!

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Taking out the trash.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Occupational hazards of being a bad guy.

Thankfully he will not do that again and we do not have to pay for his 3 hots and a cot.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
40 caliber. Wink Still got the job done

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, she shot him several times, so... Razz

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Great to hear the outcome, and that the gene pool was made just a tiny bit better.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sweet

made my day

we should all pitch in and buy her a lifetime supply of whatever beer she wants - she saved us a ton of money...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Nothing like making sure!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the late but unlamented Robert?
What are his priors?
What was the intent with this?
Burglary? Or sexual assault?
On parole / probation?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Pincrest neighborhood is a few miles north of me and a very well-to-do area, I'm not surprised at attempted robbery there, but certainly not as surprised as the perp! Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Robert Young III

Two thoughts.
1. I wonder what Robert Young I and Robert Young II were like?
2. Is there a Robert Young IV preparing to follow in poppa’s footsteps?

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Nothing like making sure!

No "making sure" going on there. The woman is an officer of the law. I'll bet she quit shooting the instant she perceived that the threat ended.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Let's all meet the late Robert Young III:

(Robert Young III was shot and killed inside the Florida home of U.S. Customs and Border Protection agent Maria Otero, Feb. 12, 2018.)

He was no stranger to the Florida Criminal Justice System.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Intrusion Suspect Picks Wrong Home

It certainly would appear that way

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post