SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Climate Change. You buying it?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Climate Change. You buying it? Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Listening to Mark Levin last night as Joe Bastardi was on the air. He says whatever the weather is he can find nearly and identical pattern from up to 75 years ago.
Wikipedia lists him as a "denier" contrary to a bizillion scientist......
BTW, I'm with Joe and not the history of now people.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
"Climate change" in the macro, shifting weather pattern sense? Sure. Of course.

"Climate change" in the SJW/PC anthropogenic, uniquely post-industrial revolution sense? That's a load of horse shit without legitimate scientific basis.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Weather changes, climate changes on a huge time scale. Sure - the earth's climate is not static. Human's are another variable in the equation.

But - climate change caused by me driving my older cars, running my boat, flying to Montreal? Nope.

Now, I do think we need to control pollution, acknowledge the impact of human populations on certain environments (i.e. Florida barrier reef), be smart about our wild-life "take", etc. But no way to have those conversations or make progress without being dragged kicking and screaming into an argument about humans as the bad guy and ending the world through climate change.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I believe the climate changes. I believe humans effect climate change. I don't believe we effect it as much as some people do. I believe we should do what is practical to cut down on greenhouse gases in a cost effective way. I also believe that even if we cut down it doesn't matter because of India and China, there is zero chance they will cut down and that is where you might realize some reductions.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, I do not buy it, and it's comical that people who make a living doing dress-up play pretend think that they're authorities on a subject such as this. Hollywood actors are among the most ignorant people on the planet.

And the "scientists" who support the idea that man is changing the climate of this planet and that the ice caps are gonna melt and all that shit- they're slaves to the funding they receive for perpetuating this lie. They should be ashamed of themselves. The imbeciles in Hollywood spew this shit out of ignorance and ego, but the scientists damn well know better. In this respect, they're nothing more than prostitutes.

The climate of this beautiful planet, and the cycles through which it has gone, is a subject far, far too complex for most people to comprehend. Mother Earth has managed for billions of years, and it shall continue to do so, long after humans have disappeared. Humans aren't going to break Earth. How egotistical! No, Earth is gonna break us.

"Climate change" is a fear-mongering, money-making industry and that's all it is. Get a real job.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Climate has always changed,was not too many years they were worried about a coming ice age.
Now that dingbat aoc says we got 12 more years
I am so confused.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I believe in climate change as far as the climate does change.

Now, what is the cause of the change? That's the real question. While we do have some effect on it the amount is the debate. I don't think we have anywhere near the effect that you hear about. The climate has been changing naturally since before the industrial revolution. By some of the experts, we should all be dead by now from what we have done to the environment.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16389 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chp37
posted Hide Post
I believe the climate changes significantly in predictable cycles as it has for millions of years, and that humans have about zero effect on the timing of hot or cold phases. I am convinced we cannot alter these cycles at all especially through the imbecilic proposals supported by left wing radicals.
My sincere hope is that conservatives get fully behind a debunking campaign once and for all to resolve the bullshit with credible scientists that we occasionally see in the media and then disappear for a while. Any counter campaigns supported by oil companies will be immediately discredited, so we need objective, rational experts to counter attack the absurd predictions from the left.
Pollution is an entirely different problem and we need to disentangle the two. Nobody wants to swim in polluted waters or breathe dirty air.

Posts: 586 | Registered: October 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Climate Change. You buying it?

In the current SJW lexicon, I ain't buying it, not for a minute.

I'll go as far as label it a complete scam by those who want to hold or attain power. It is insane that a politician will cry out that mankind will all die in x-amount of years, "unless you vote for us so that we can fix it".

And the insane part is that there are morons who actually buy this bullshit.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16660 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Maybe, but if so I'd hazard that massive deforestation which alters the balance of CO2 to O2 conversion and the introduction of large areas of concrete which reflects, absorbs, and radiates solar energy in an entirely different way than plant life has more to do with it than the relatively insignificant amount of greenhouse gasses produced by humans. We dump way more into the atmosphere than we should, but it doesn't compare to a major volcanic eruption. Seems like if our level of output is enough to tip the balance then Mt St Helens would have done it already.

But it's all Trump's fault.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
There is little doubt that the growing human footprint and what that brings to our atmosphere has an impact. How much so won't be known for several generations. But an adverse affect in my mind.

And yes I contribute. And no I am not a "green weenie" as my elderly father calls them. Quite the opposite. In my life time and where I have lived I have seen many of these so called enviromemtal midgets and there save this and save that carp. They have done more damage than any so called group to our ecosystems.

In the last 40 years the weather that I monitor has changed quite a bit. And 40 years isn't much time to have that radical of change in my mind.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
There is little doubt that the growing human footprint and what that brings to our atmosphere has an impact.
Show us your data.

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
CO2 is a greenhouse gas. And humans have dug up a lot of of it an put it in the atmosphere. Look at the raw numbers of both atmospheric CO2 concentration (which the have going back millinnea in ice core samples), and global mean temperature. Make your decision based on that. If you think humans haven't had an effect, your deluding yourself.

quote:
Originally posted by chp37:
I believe the climate changes significantly in predictable cycles as it has for millions of years, and that humans have about zero effect on the timing of hot or cold phases. I am convinced we cannot alter these cycles at all especially through the imbecilic proposals supported by left wing radicals.
My sincere hope is that conservatives get fully behind a debunking campaign once and for all to resolve the bullshit with credible scientists that we occasionally see in the media and then disappear for a while. Any counter campaigns supported by oil companies will be immediately discredited, so we need objective, rational experts to counter attack the absurd predictions from the left.
Pollution is an entirely different problem and we need to disentangle the two. Nobody wants to swim in polluted waters or breathe dirty air.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
There is little doubt that the growing human footprint and what that brings to our atmosphere has an impact.
Show us your data.

And who paid for it.

Posts: 9025 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
CO2 is a greenhouse gas. And humans have dug up a lot of of it an put it in the atmosphere. Look at the raw numbers of both atmospheric CO2 concentration (which the have going back millinnea in ice core samples), and global mean temperature. Make your decision based on that. If you think humans haven't had an effect, your deluding yourself.

Data source for the graph and who funded the data?

Posts: 9025 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Not sure where that one came from. This one is from NASA. Note URL.

quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:

Data source for the graph and who funded the data?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by chp37:

Except that atmospheric CO2 levels were same in the Pliocene, considerably before this chart begins, when homo sapiens were rather scarce. To see the full cycle, you need to expand your timeline a bit. And look for causation elsewhere than burning liquified compressed plankton.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
"Climate change" in the macro, shifting weather pattern sense? Sure. Of course.

"Climate change" in the SJW/PC anthropogenic, uniquely post-industrial revolution sense? That's a load of horse shit without legitimate scientific basis.

-Rob
^^^Yep.
quote:
Humans aren't going to break Earth. How egotistical!
And thinking we're somehow going to fix the planet when we can't with accuracy predict this afternoon's weather is beyond absurd and the height of arrogance.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy fuck dude. That is a pretty detailed chart for data from NEARLY A FUCKING MILLION YEARS AGO.

Pull your head out of your ass. You just posted a chart that claims to know the CO2 concentration from just shy of 1,000,000 years ago.

There is gullible and there there is just plain stupid. I don't care if NASA is the source or not. Follow the money.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anglertoo
posted Hide Post
We live on a rock circling a star for god sakes! Without the sun we'd be a frozen rock. Suns go through short and long cycles We've had up to seven ice ages with North American glaciers.

The arrogance of thinking we can control climate is a pipe dream.

'Nuf said.

“To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

Posts: 177 | Location: North Central Connecticut | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post