SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Climate Change. You buying it?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Climate Change. You buying it? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Those Dr. Soon videos are great.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm old enough to remember the global cooling fears, the coming Ice Age.

That turned out to be poohockey and the main proponent for that silliness then said, "I was wrong, it is Global Warming that's coming." What a maroon!

I ain't buying into any of this baloney.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Climate change is one of the few constants out there. Like gravity.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dooms Day cults used to be considered fringe and crazy. Now they're mainstream- Weird.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just ran across this and thought it was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...m_Ed_0VZXrBUBPw33QIU

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Just ran across this and thought it was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...m_Ed_0VZXrBUBPw33QIU

Yeah, that video is great. TigerDore actually started a thread on it a week ago, but it definitely belongs in this thread too.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3770074164

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Damn, I didn't see it. Apologies.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fy2CzmcoqRQ

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
It would be more plausible if the doomsayers had ever gotten it right, at any point in time.

Seems history is settling their science...

Bottom line; these alarmist just keep the BS going and the low IQ, morons, idiots, SJW's just keep fanning the flames while sucking this crap up.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Climate change real? About as real as Loch Ness or Sasquatch.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Recall watching the author of the infamous “hockey stick” graph. That’s the one that has world temperatures suddenly rising after a period of level temperatures.
As he was talking I heard the word “extrapolated.” The definition goes “to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue.” A “guess” in other words. Since then the “hockey stick” has become canon.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Anyone surprised in the slightest?

Believing in climate change, but not behaving sustainably: Evidence from a one-year longitudinal study

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2018.03.001Get rights and content

Highlights
• We conducted a one-year longitudinal study of 600 Americans' climate beliefs.

• Cluster analyses found three distinct groups based on climate belief trajectories.

• Climate change believers were most likely to endorse federal climate policies.

• Climate change skeptics were most likely to report pro-environmental behavior.

Abstract
We conducted a one-year longitudinal study in which 600 American adults regularly reported their climate change beliefs, pro-environmental behavior, and other climate-change related measures.

Using latent class analyses, we uncovered three clusters of Americans with distinct climate belief trajectories:
(1) the “Skeptical,” who believed least in climate change;
(2) the “Cautiously Worried,” who had moderate beliefs in climate change; and
(3) the “Highly Concerned,” who had the strongest beliefs and concern about climate change.

Cluster membership predicted different outcomes: the “Highly Concerned” were most supportive of government climate policies, but least likely to report individual-level actions, whereas the “Skeptical” opposed policy solutions but were most likely to report engaging in individual-level pro-environmental behaviors. Implications for theory and practice are discussed.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/...418301488?via%3Dihub

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
Man made climate change is total propaganda designed to control an otherwise free population.

Of course the question "do you believe in climate change" is a loaded question. Earth's climate has constantly changed for 5 billion years. It will constantly change for another 5 billion years. Nothing we can do about it.

The arrogance and ignorance needed to believe humans have more power than the earth and sun is unbelievable to me.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
ok, so the lefties are batting 0-4 right now

first it was the war on drugs

then it was the war on poverty

then it was the war on homeless

common thread - they failed at each

yet they think they can control the climate?

get real

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Paying for it? Yes. Buying it? Not so much.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Right now I'm having blizzard conditions at the end of October. This is our THIRD snow event since SEPTEMBER. We have had over thirty inches of snow so far.

If the climate is changing , it's surely not WARMING here in Montana.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Right now I'm having blizzard conditions at the end of October. This is our THIRD snow event since SEPTEMBER. We have had over thirty inches of snow so far.

If the climate is changing , it's surely not WARMING here in Montana.

Yeah, Northern Utah is looking at record cold temperatures today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
John Stossel, Dr. Willie Soon and friends

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
It would be more plausible if the doomsayers had ever gotten it right, at any point in time.

Seems history is settling their science...

Bottom line; these alarmist just keep the BS going and the low IQ, morons, idiots, SJW's just keep fanning the flames while sucking this crap up.
An EXCELLENT reminder of all the doom these frauds have been shoveling our way for decades. One of these days maybe one of their predictions may come true. LOL.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
As I recall, Antarctic ice core samples show that there have been multiple "ice ages". One report indicated more than a dozen.

Years ago when we were driving west, close to the Canadian border in Montana we came across some signs that indicated that the pile of very large rocks along the road were residue from glaciers.

Glaciers in Montana? Yup, from those ice ages that "did not happen".

I recall an event years ago in which a federal "study" indicated massive global warming.

Turns out that the gubbermint employees who were working the project to place most of their sensors on black asphalt parking lots, black roof tops, etc. Of course their data supported their assertions.

Does the climate change? Of course it does, but mankind is not causing it.

I recall reading, some years ago, that the amount of CO2 emitted by a large volcanic eruption could actually change climate temperatures for a while. Until that CO2 was absorbed by vegetation.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post