SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bill Gates: Europe Will Be Overwhelmed Unless It Stems Flow of Migrants
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Gates: Europe Will Be Overwhelmed Unless It Stems Flow of Migrants Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Actually, I'd be all for just stopping all immigration for several years. Keep them all out.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
FenderBender - you're talking in a vacuum, not taking into account economics and energy. There has been a tectonic shift in swing economics around oil production, which few realize. The Middle East in the near future won't be able to support the large offspring / family sizes you're describing. Africa's swelling population and economics is of concern but that continent isn't entirely of one belief.

Further, migration is impacted by gov't policies and it's only a matter of time before other populations outbreed those of Islamic descent, particularly if nations of sovereign power whose population are a majority of the latter, want to maintain their standard of living.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Roy Beck is absolutely correct and I'll go one step further

I think the US should suspend ALL immigration for at least a decade and if we're so interested in helping others, then we should be focused on countries where most of the immigrants are coming from and fix the problems there

we can't solve all the problems, but we can at least help to address some of them and make it better there rather than here

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
To Bill Gates: No shit buckwheat. Maybe you & Melinda wish to sponsor a pick nick for them over at Warren Buffets place? I hear he has some space for them Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post