SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Speaking of UAL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of UAL Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Maybe late now, but I like the idea of having a friend pick up his bag at ABQ. He can hook up with it later.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm under the impression that if you check a bag and don't board the flight, your checked bag gets pulled off the flight as a security measure. If it's true, maybe it's true for connecting flights as well.

Otherwise, just ship the bag to his adress in Denver.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be all wet, but as I recall there is a prohibition about unaccompanied luggage- that is if you are not on the plane the luggage is on then they will pull said luggage. If that is true, then deplaning will force them to take the luggage off??

Sounds like it could be a self correcting problem IDK.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
I may be all wet, but as I recall there is a prohibition about unaccompanied luggage...

I too have heard that, but when I've had a real short connection my bags do not make it and arrive on the next flight. Different circumstances, but it's still unaccompanied baggage.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
It was American Airlines but my bag got to Jacksonville a day before I Did.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post