SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Image Hosting Site?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Image Hosting Site? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
With the inane decision by Photobucket to try to blackmail folks into paying exorbitant fees and blocking all stored images from being linked, I've lost my avatar. I've tried using Imgur and Flickr, but for some reason this site keeps saying that my image is inaccessible. Is there is a better image hosting site to store that image on, along with others? Thanks.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir. I just emailed him.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
seems he is one summer break,

is there another host site that works?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Recently, after enduring constant issues with Photobucket and following another SIGforum thread on Photobucket, I recently deleted all my pictures there, closed my account and went to Postimage and have been very happy.

No popups, simple UI, reliable, no adrenaline. And free, yes.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Recently, after enduring constant issues with Photobucket and following another SIGforum thread on Photobucket, I recently deleted all my pictures there, closed my account and went to Postimage and have been very happy.

No popups, simple UI, reliable, no adrenaline. And free, yes.
I switched to Postimage in the thread you linked, and everything worked perfectly until Photobucket pulled their $400 shenanigan. Even though it's not in the User Agreement, Postimage wouldn't allow me to switch to my 4th of July avatar (I could keep using the same one) and lots of posts by forum members joining and being unable to set up an avatar.

I've kept my regular photos on Postimage, but all of my avatars are on TinyPic. Both sites are working perfectly for their intended purpose.

TinyPic avatar:

PostImage regular photo:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
seems he is one summer break,

is there another host site that works?

I'll do it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post