SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    German police hunt for Nutella truck carrying 22 tons of the spread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German police hunt for Nutella truck carrying 22 tons of the spread Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
At first I had a few humorous thoughts about this but the line about the police not knowing the motive got the conspiracy fluids flowing. With the problem Germany is having with immigrants, the motive could possibility be mass contamination before it is "found".

Then again, it could just be someone with a huge fondness for Nutella Big Grin

German police said a truck carrying 22 tons of Nutella, Kinder Surprise eggs and Valparaiso chocolate fruit pearls was stolen last weekend and asked the public for their help in locating the chocolate thieves.

Martin Ahlich, a police spokesperson, said the refrigerated truck container was stolen in the Hesse town of Neustadt on either Aug. 12 or Aug. 13. Police have not released a motive for the robbery.

“It’s not even clear if they were after the sweets or after the trailer — at this point we don’t know what their motive was,” Ahlich told CBS.

The chocolate was worth an estimated $59,000 to $82,000.

Neustadt Police urged citizens to alert authorities if they are offered the treats.

“Anyone offered large quantities of chocolate via unconventional channels should report it to the police immediately,” the Neustadt police said in a statement.

This is not the first time Germany has been affected by chocolate thieves. Last week in the German state of Schleswig-Holstein, police said they were looking for a person who allegedly left 53 grams of stolen chocolate in the town of Bad Oldesloe, according to The Telegraph.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...-22-tons-spread.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last week in the German state of Schleswig-Holstein, police said they were looking for a person who allegedly left 53 grams of stolen chocolate in the town of Bad Oldesloe, according to The Telegraph.

I'm assuming there's a writing error here. Otherwise they're looking for someone that lost a half-eaten shoplifted candy bar.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see careful reporting and editing are missing on the other side of the pond as well.

quote:
for a person who allegedly left 53 grams of stolen chocolate in the town of Bad Oldesloe

BTW, 53 grams is equal to 1.87 ounces, so by this report the Police are looking for a person who left a SINGLE Small Bar of chocolate behind.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scooter123,

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Well, that wasn't me. My motto is "Leave no chocolate behind." Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They just published a description of the subjects:

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss those kinder eggs. They also give out nutella packets with the ketchup/mayo at McDonald's there

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Kinder eggs are my favorite! Never seen them in the US though Frown

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
22 tons. That's almost a lifetime supply.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
22 tons. That's almost a lifetime supply.

It's two days worth for a depressed woman.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31437 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
“It’s not even clear if they were after the sweets or after the trailer — at this point we don’t know what their motive was,” Ahlich told CBS.

The chocolate was worth an estimated $59,000 to $82,000.
And what was the trailer worth?

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Case is going to be a hard nut to crack...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinder eggs are banned in the US. Mark Steyn had some seized at the Canadian border. Seems we're too stupid to eat chocolate with goodies inside. When I was a kid there was a candy called a "Whatsit?" It was hollow choco with goodies inside, now also banned.

BTW, there is a huge black market in stolen chocolate. Not long ago the feds busted a hijacking ring that had stolen millions in chocolate, and was distributing it from NJ to WI.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post